Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14831 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
JFrankParnell

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
import 2d picture for wall hanging, etc?

Hi, i would like to be able to import a 2d image to use for wall art, and various other things. Since i dont see any option like that in sh3d, i wonder if there is an easy converter or some such?

Ideas?

I have used misfit model 3d (i think, or was it blender?) to texture a flat object with my image.

Thanks
J

ps, greatest house plan sw, ever, bar none. nothing even comes close to the ease and intuitiveness. and the latest betas... man, lots of cool features i had been wanting!
[Feb 22, 2010, 8:57:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: import 2d picture for wall hanging, etc?

...and the latest betas... man, lots of cool features i had been wanting!

Then why don't you try to apply your image as a texture on a box for example? wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 22, 2010, 10:16:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JFrankParnell

haha, yes, that does work, but you are kinda stuck with the proportions of your img. And you can change the size (in proportion) but, its a bit of a chore. It would be nice to be able to resize like you can with the included pictures that come with sh3d.
[Feb 23, 2010, 3:51:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

At this time, textures can be applied only as patterns of a give size. If the pattern is smaller than the piece of furniture, the wall, the floor or the ceiling, it will be repeated.
Maybe I'll add the ability to spread a texture along the length and the height of an object in a future version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 23, 2010, 7:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fhoofman

yeah, I'm with mr, JFrankParnell. I'm confuse about putting the image on the wall. it's not the same size as i want.
and when I choose "create a photo from 3d view", the image does not show at all.
can't u give me hint?
thank you so much
[Feb 28, 2010, 7:25:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JFrankParnell

@fhoofman, what i have been doing is texturing a plain box with my picture. the thing is, you need to make one side of your box the same dimensions as the pic. So in photoshop, if your image says 24 x 24, make a box thats 24x24x.5 and import your texture at 24x24 as well.

now you should have your "2d" image to work with, but if you resize, it''ll start wrapping the image and not look right. So if you past your box into a blank new floor plan, then export to .obj, then import your .obj back into your house, you'll be able to resize it and the picture will stretch with the box.

The Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon picture in this: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3063626...4beffe8&id=1033509078 was done that way. (no need for FB account to see the pics)
[Mar 1, 2010, 6:08:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KaiBuskirk

United States

its 2018:

did this simple flat graphic import function make it in?

from 2005?
[May 28, 2018, 9:43:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Even better: There are new video tutorials now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP1m3XkIF2E&t=145s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tDaB3D5E94&t=305s
[May 28, 2018, 10:12:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PhotoCat

South Africa
rose Re: import 2d picture for wall hanging, etc?

To adjust the size of the picture I go to "change image" (import) then click "continue"
then adjust "Width & Height" until it fits
then Finish
Ok
Ok

This way I hang my pictures on the walls, get my floor, furniture etc to be an even tone.

HOWEVER, I'm NEW at this so things might be different when rendered.

I hope this helps.
[Jun 19, 2018, 3:22:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved