Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 151826 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
applause Re: Sweet Home 3D 2.4

I can indeed confirm that the bug is now fixed. smile

While you are getting ready for your next release when you get chance you'll have to update your splash screen, replacing the old style TV for a new LCD TV, wink the up-lighter can now be illuminated and atmospheric lighting could be added (drawing attention to the new lighting capabilities) oh! Also don't forget to change the date to 2007-2010 smile

Maybe something like this?

db4tech
[May 25, 2010, 6:42:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Sweet Home 3D 2.4

Nice image db4tech! wink

I released version 2.4 tonight. I'll have to update Advanced rendering plug-in.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 25, 2010, 10:26:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel:

Maybe I'm too quick with this post of my test with v2.4.

From left to right:
- The standard render in the 3D pane
- The "old" photo render
- The new Phong render (all 3 plug-ins have this problem)

The gentlemen are zip-files from the Google Sketchup library in the Collada file format.

Nevertheless, you've done a terrific job once again!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at May 25, 2010, 11:37:42 PM]
[May 25, 2010, 11:35:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK
applause Re: Sweet Home 3D 2.4

Emmanuel congratulations on your 2.4 release. smile smile smile

You've been busy!

Thank you for your kind remarks about the render, please feel free to use it if you want to. I might export the picture of the lady and add a background to it, then import and re-render, at the moment with the picture just being an outline it causes multiple shadows making the picture look like it's out of focus. Might also alter the desk lamp so it isn't so bright. smile

Hans,
After reading your post I also gave the figures a try and concur they render (or rather they don't) as invisible. with any of the 3 new advanced shaders.

Emmanuel,
Once again congratulations, thank you for all your hard work!

db4tech
[May 26, 2010, 12:46:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you guys for your remarks and help!
I know why the plug-ins don't work with DAE/Collada models, and will release a new version soon.
[May 26, 2010, 5:15:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here are the updated plug-ins able to support models at DAE/Collada format:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/AdvancedRendering-1.3.sh3p
http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/AdvancedRendering-PhongShader-1.3.sh3p
http://www.sweethome3d.com/plugins/AdvancedRendering-UberShader-1.3.sh3p

AdvancedRendering-1.3.sh3p is a new file.
AdvancedRendering-PhongShader-1.3.sh3p and AdvancedRendering-UberShader-1.3.sh3p replace the previous files.
[May 26, 2010, 6:51:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you Emmanuel for the fixes, I can indeed confirm that the models render okay with every shader version (apart from some silver surfaces using Uber, please see below) smile

With you being very busy releasing version 2.4 I do hope my updated post on the lighting shader test thread (about a possible solution to the grey/silver leaves and furniture) will be helpful for the next version of Uber.

Couple of quick questions. Why did you choose to remove the advanced photo plug-in page from the front page? I have tried looking for it but so far haven't found it. Also with you releasing 2.4 yesterday what's your thoughts on the release date reading 25th instead? wink I know the date doesn't really matters just thought I'd ask. smile

Thank you for your time and especially for your hard work,
db4tech
[May 26, 2010, 7:50:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Why did you choose to remove the advanced photo plug-in page from the front page?
I just removed the link to the article about Advanced rendering plug-in.
I prefer to keep the home page not to big: lots of people don't have big screens and I even saw people using Sweet Home 3D on a netbook! Recent news can be accessed from the blog link, and I mentioned the update of the Advanced rendering plug-in in the article about Sweet Home 3D 2.4.
The first link returned by a search for "plug-in" points to the article about Advanced rendering plug-in too.

Also with you releasing 2.4 yesterday what's your thoughts on the release date reading 25th instead?
That's an error. Thank you for reporting it. smile
[May 27, 2010, 8:49:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

I can indeed confirm that the bug is now fixed. smile
db4tech

After further tests I and sorry to report the bug is still there but to a much smaller extent.

The catalog view still creeps down the the screen and across by only a small percentage, maybe about 5 pixels at a time. Watching the program open I would guess you programmed in a negative jump distance so as the windows try to reposition/jump it should end up back where is started. Is that how you did it?

If it is helpful I have attached a couple of files to show how far the windows move after 10 saves

Save 1 The reference point to gauge against.
Save 10 is the last save I did.

If I did more saves the windows would creep further but I thought 10 saves was enough to let you see what is still happening.

Sorry to report a bug sad
db4tech
Attachment save 1.sh3d (3277 bytes) (Download count: 1332)

Attachment save 10.sh3d (3310 bytes) (Download count: 1510)

[May 29, 2010, 8:15:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I know it's still not perfect, but the way Sweet Home 3D is programmed prevents me to easily fix it and this behavior varies from one system to the other (I prefer to avoid too much technical details here).
The workaround is to resize the window with the mouse to get a size as large as the screen's size without using the maximize icon.
[May 29, 2010, 11:27:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved