Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1245458 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
DonaS

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

windows 10 and version 5.5.3
[Oct 14, 2017, 8:44:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DonaS

United States

and version 1:21 furniture library editor
[Oct 14, 2017, 8:46:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DonaS

United States

I should mention these items I want to add or create a library are items I have downloaded from 3D warehouse sketchup site for designing my office items, would that effect this?
And, sorry, I have a couple different folders with my 3D items. One is from years ago that I just kept adding to and now I have added the new version of SH3D, which I see there are new libraries in my C:programs\Sweet Home 3D.
I only have the new version installed

Any of this have a reason to do with this?
[Oct 14, 2017, 8:55:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DonaS

United States

I cant get my new created library to save. I just get an error saying "cant save SH3F file" I have tried changing the name and still wont save.

I also cant open any of the libraries that came with the software. Sweet Home 3D.

I really enjoy this software and I have had it for a Long time, never had the library editor until recently.

Thank you
[Oct 15, 2017, 1:43:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DonaS

United States

I figured it out!!!! The libraries need to be in a different folder, AKA my designs, house

perfect!!!!
[Oct 15, 2017, 1:50:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NotMeNotYou

United Kingdom

Hi,
I'm new here so excuse me if this is an old problem, I did search but found no answer -:(
is there a fix for high res screens for the furniture library editor my eye sight is not what it used to be and I need the big fonts.
thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask
[Oct 20, 2017, 10:33:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could try to use the same properties as the ones proposed for Sweet Home 3D.
To run a Jar executable with these properties, you don't need a .ini file but rather directly cite these properties after java :

java -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=2 -Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel -Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Dialog-11 -Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=SansSerif-11 -Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=SansSerif-11 -jar path/to/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.21.jar

The problem with this solution is that the resolution scale won't influence the height of rows in the table of the editor, so text in the table might be cut for a high value.

As Java 9 is supposed to have fixed problems with HiDPI screens, it might be interesting to give it a try too. If it works correctly, then no need of any option, just double click on FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.21.jar file.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 24, 2017, 3:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
captainstarbuck

USA

I recently installed SW3D for the first time and created a model of our house. Love it! Thank you VERY much!

Running SW3D 5.6, JRE 1.9, Windows 8.1

Now I'm importing SH3F files from various sources, like furniture stores that provide models. After downloading hundreds of these files I found I was unable to use the default Import feature to import more than one file. So I ZIPped the files, and while the UI refreshes and says new objects were were imported, that's never the case.

So I found the FLE here, downloaded v1.21, and while it does accept multiple files, it doesn't import the data to SW3D with the same detail as just opening a .SH3F file.

So as a user I'd like to know if I'm missing anything, and how I can import hundreds of files (with FLE?) without doing it one at a time.

As a developer, I'm happy to do some diagnostics and even (with very limited time) get into code to try to help with this.

For an example of files that import differently, see the M2Italia furniture site.

Thanks!!
[Jan 6, 2018, 5:53:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

To import many 3D model files at once in the Furniture Library Editor, just select multiple files and drag and drop them on the main window of the editor.
If you want to create one SH3F file from other SH3F files you should use the Merge button. Unfortunately the file dialog won't allow you to import more than a SH3F file at a time in that case, but this could be a nice improvement...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 7, 2018, 2:20:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Cleaning up libraries and shrinking models with an aim to have one compact library for all the models I know to be small and work.

Among those models are windows with several elements, such as a middle bar, that can be set to invisible. But for that I basically wish for two different sets of doorOrWindowSash....# properties for that one window. Or in other cases, I might want two different planIcons for one model (I prefer using semi transparent icons for staircases, awnings and ceiling lamps).

I was wondering how best to do this:

Is it possible/advisable to have several entries in PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties referencing one single model?

ok
[Jan 30, 2018, 7:51:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved