Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1245289 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor Beta released

For the record - by "..this is more important..." - I mean that the new display of information is more important than price (or other optional columns). So all cred for an elegant solution implemented. Really a nice improvement. Very happy. ok
[Oct 23, 2014, 5:28:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Moving

Re: Furniture Library Editor released

Awesome.

Is there a way I can duplicate an item? I have several similar object in my house for which I would like to have a separate object in my library.

Thanks!

Norbert
[Jul 8, 2015, 8:23:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Zsoltsalamon

Hello my name is Zsolt, I have some questions about this program. How can I use it? I just download it, but I can't run it. Any help?
[Jul 26, 2015, 5:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Voytkostudios

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the Library Editor. I can save files, but these .sh3f files can only be opened in the Library Editor and are only visible when opening files in this program. They are not visible in windows explorer or Sweet Home 3D. Is this a known issue? I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks!
[Aug 21, 2015, 1:57:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If the .sh3f files you created are not visible in Windows explorer, how could you choose them in Sweet Home 3D to import them?
You probably saved them in a folder that is not the one you expected.
If you want, you can also send me a .sh3f file to test it on my side, but as you can't find them, it's going to be difficult for you to attach one of them to an email!
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 21, 2015, 7:59:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LunaC

Germany

I LOVE this program! Thanks so much for publishing. However is it possible to make it use a standard language for all sh3f files? The preferences lets me set it to english but there is more than one english (AE, BE,...) and I wish it would just stick to the same whenever I load a file.
Thanks!
[Jan 20, 2016, 12:05:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LunaC

Germany
rose Re: Furniture Library Editor released

Hi, I have some feature request to the plugin:
- add a simple search box for larger databases
- show number of files in database
- make the preview image bigger e.g. when changing the column size
- a possibility to choose which columns to show
- make it remember the last path used or a possibility to add a standard folder
-some kind of search for duplicates (posted that in the request area for the program itself already)

Well hats it (for now) I have no idea how complicated it is but I would really love to see any those features rose
[Jan 21, 2016, 1:44:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

LunaC, don't use preferences settings to give the translation of the 3D models you added to your library. The language setting in preferences is used just to change the language used in the user interface of the Editor, nothing else.
You should rather choose the language in the dropped down list shown in the tool bar of the icon. This list provides all kind of languages, possibly with their variant in some countries. When you select a language different from the Default language, the Editor prepares an additional properties file in the sh3f file for that language, suffixed by language + country codes (for example, PluginFurnitureCatalog_en_GB.properties for English UK variant, or PluginFurnitureCatalog_de.properties for default German). Then, all the modifications you make on the name, category, keywords and information of the edited models will be considered to be in the selected language (and stored in that suffixed file). If you want to edit the models in the default language again, just select Default language. See the simple example attached to this post.
You can prepare how many translations and variants as you want for your library. For example, Sweet Home 3D models libraries are proposed in 21 languages, with country variants for Chinese and Portuguese languages. When a library is translated in a certain language, it appears in bold in the language dropped down list.

Note that if you want to force a country in Sweet Home 3D that is not yours, you can use the Java -Duser.country option followed by 2 capital letters ISO 3166 country code. For Australia, it will be:
-Duser.country=AU

About your feature requests, note that you can find more easily a model in the current version by sorting the library by name, category... when you click on its column header.
If the icon got bigger when you enlarge its column, the row should grow accordingly, a reason why I don't think I'll program this feature. Nevertheless, keep in mind that a tool tip displays the icon of a model at a bigger size when you place the mouse on its icon.
Attachment Box.sh3f (2349 bytes) (Download count: 570) (A simple library with UK variant)

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 22, 2016, 1:06:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LunaC

Germany

Thank you for explaining this all to me.
Id love to use the Java-Duser but how do I do that? I don't have a program to work with java. As far as I could see from the iso codes there's none for just general english but GB would be ok for me too. Could you maybe send me that file that I need or explain/point me to a source that shows how to do this?

Thanks for your Box.sh3f but it still doesn't solve the problem I have. When I open it in Furniture Library Editor the dropdown has set "default language" when I edit the file now e.g. adding keywords and then safe it and reopen it again those keywords are visible under "default language" but not under "english (uk)" or in case of my other files under "english" without country specification.
So whenever I want to edit a file in Furniture Library Editor I have to remember to set the drop down to the language I want. If I forget it I sometimes add keywords for hours and then see I can do it all over again because it saved it to whatever it thinks is the default language.
My computer is set to german but I use the program in english (I use many programs in english because tutorials are often only written in that language).

If I would have a -Duser.country=GB would it tell the Furniture Library Editor that this is my default language and I could work with it without always having to choose from the dropdown first?
[Jan 28, 2016, 1:08:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
XroM

Россия

Crash after import new furniture or open a library sad
C:\Users\Roman\Downloads>java -jar FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.19.jar июн 24, 2016 11:54:40 AM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init> WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5. Java 3D: implicit antialiasing enabled Java 3D ERROR : wglGetExtensionsStringARB not support ! - ═х эрщфхэр єърчрээр яЁюЎхфєЁр. Fallback to use standard ChoosePixelFormat. Java 3D ERROR : OpenGL 1.2 or better is required (GL_VERSION=1.1) javax.media.j3d.IllegalRenderingStateException: GL_VERSION at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.createNewContext(Native Method) at javax.media.j3d.NativePipeline.createNewContext(NativePipeline.java:2775) at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.createNewContext(Canvas3D.java:4914) at javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.createNewContext(Canvas3D.java:2440) at javax.media.j3d.Renderer.doWork(Renderer.java:917) at javax.media.j3d.J3dThread.run(J3dThread.java:275) DefaultRenderingErrorListener.errorOccurred: CONTEXT_CREATION_ERROR: Renderer: Error creating Canvas3D graphics context graphicsDevice = Win32GraphicsDevice[screen=0] canvas = com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.Component3DManager$ObservedCanvas3D[canvas0,0,0,128x128]

Can anybody help me please?
Windows 10 x64
java version "1.8.0_91"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

[Jun 24, 2016, 10:17:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved