Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 224
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1244986 times and has 223 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Furniture Library Editor released

I wonder if you don't have the same issue as some Windows 10 users who tried Sweet Home 3D installer 5.2. Then the solution would be to install and use Java 8u51, or to use the Java version which comes with Sweet Home 3D 5.3 with a command similar to:

"C:\Program files\SweetHome3D\jre8\bin\javaw.exe" -jar path\to\FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.19.jar

Just be sure to check the path of javaw.exe and FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.19.jar. The easiest way would be to drag and drop these files from the Windows explorer window to the cmd window.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 24, 2016, 1:15:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the special version 1.20 of the editor with IDs [edit: removed link, IDs can now be displayed with an option in preferences].
It fixes an issue that generated an invalid SH3F file as soon as an icon or model file was referenced more than once in the edited catalog (issue fixed in version 1.18 of the standard editor).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Aug 10, 2022, 11:58:49 AM]
[Jan 19, 2017, 9:23:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Never said thanks for this. ID field is greatly appreciated. So thanks.

But also - a special thanks for the SVG input field. It is ever so nice to have the SVG path light up in red to tell you about typos. Actually, I would really have wished for that in my normal editor. Not that I ever make typos, of course ... smile

ok

PS It really would be nice if the FurnitureLibraryEditor (also with the extra fields for doors/windows/light-sources) at some point were included as an Advanced Model Option in SH3D itself. It would save some model-making time and would increase the power of SH3D enormously. But I also understand your hesitation when it comes to the interface. And I guess I am repeating myself...
[Mar 22, 2017, 4:59:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jrr

Canada

The editor is a big help, but how do I rename or create categories?
Thanks!
[Apr 8, 2017, 8:54:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The category of a 3D model is edited with an editable drop down list. Thus, if you want to rename or create a new category, just type the category name of your choice in the text field of this drop down list. If it doesn't exist, it will be created.
[Apr 11, 2017, 12:30:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coguaro

how is possible merge some library and single furniture is possible download from sweet home 3d site automatically with all information image and other?

sorry for my english
[Apr 18, 2017, 1:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

From version 1.12, you can merge a library with another one with the 3rd button in the toolbar of the editor.
[Apr 19, 2017, 12:38:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
suedinym

US
Re: Furniture Library Editor Beta released

I should deliver the default catalog as a SH3F file too. smile

At the moment, you can quite easily get rid of the default furniture catalog of Sweet Home 3D, by following these steps:
- Ensure you installed Sweet Home 3D from its installer (not with Java Web Start).
- Remove the file named Furniture.jar from Sweet Home 3D installed files. Under Windows and Linux, this file can be found in the lib subdirectory of Sweet Home 3D installation directory

I'm running xubuntu 16.04, with Java 8. I can't get the downloaded file to run by double clicking or with the command line, so I installed it through the software manager, and it's running great. However, I have searched everywhere and can't find the Furniture.jre file to delete.

(I can find it easily in the downloaded files - but not in the version that installs and runs.)
[Jun 28, 2017, 3:21:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
edusson

Hi,

To the post about crashing, from XroM ... I had the exact same problem. As Puybaret mentioned, I also suspected that it was the same graphics issue as launching the SH3D, which is solved using the 2nd script (which pulls different Java graphic libraries, I think).

So, I created a similar script for the furniture editor. Sorry if this was obvious (I'm newbie biggrin). Copy this script in the application directory where the other 2 SweetHome3D scripts are. And copy the FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.20.jar in the lib directory (of the same application directory).
#!/bin/sh
# Retrieve Sweet Home 3D directory
PROGRAM=`readlink "$0"`
if [ "$PROGRAM" = "" ];then PROGRAM=$0
fi PROGRAM_DIR=`dirname "$PROGRAM"`

# Run Sweet Home 3D exec
exec "$PROGRAM_DIR"/jre8/bin/java -Xmx1024m -classpath "$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.20.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Furniture.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Textures.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Help.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/iText-2.1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/freehep-vectorgraphics-svg-2.1.1b.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/sunflow-0.07.3i.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jmf.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dcore.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dutils.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/vecmath.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/jre8/lib/javaws.jar -Djava.library.path="$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.FurnitureLibraryEditor -open "$1"

Now it doesn't crash. Things seem to work fine except that I get an error:
com.eteks.sweethome3d.model.RecorderException: Invalid furniture library file
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.io.FurnitureLibraryFileRecorder.readFurnitureLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.io.FurnitureLibraryFileRecorder.readFurnitureLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.viewcontroller.EditorController$3.call(Unknown Source)
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.viewcontroller.EditorController$3.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at com.eteks.sweethome3d.viewcontroller.ThreadedTaskController$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Can't copy file to /tmp/furniture3331676379223917287.sh3f
at com.eteks.furniturelibraryeditor.io.FurnitureLibraryFileRecorder.copyFile(Unknown Source) ... 11 more

It does create the sh3f file in /tmp (I am in Linux) but get the error... If I ignore and keep going everything seems fine but not sure I'll see other errors down the road. I just started using it...

Regardless, thanks a lot for SH3D and the furniture editor. Should invite you one day to the place I am remodeling with it biggrin
[Jul 9, 2017, 6:59:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vcky

help. I have downloaded the furniture library editor and the software simply doesn't run. i tried opening it with JAVA. there is a very quick blink on the screen but then nothing. i have windows 7 installed. please help.
I have tried all methods listed here:
The easiest way to launch it is to double-click on the file. If this method fails, choose open or launch with Java in its contextual menu, or open a Terminal window and run the command:

java -jar FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.0.beta.jar
[Aug 9, 2017, 7:42:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 224   Pages: 23   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved