Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4761 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
jestermax

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Modifying source

Hey there,

I didn't have any requests, but I thought I'd post my first thread here. I'm working on adding some new tools to the source code that are more in-depth than the plugin system allows. My first modification so far was more just for experimentation and for the learning experience. I added a tool mode for adding floor nodes to be used for paths.
It's a pretty small change, but it took a surprising number of modifications in different areas of the code. I made some notes about it but I don't have anything typed up to contribute. Are there people actually interested in that type of thing? (the notes on how to mod the code, not the tool itself).

Right now I'm taking a look at the rendering system for the 3D home window. I think I've been making some good progress on mapping out the code so far, and I have to admit it is nice to see people writing well-documented code with actual design patterns.
[Jul 22, 2010, 7:49:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Modifying source

Feel free to write any documentation that will help developers to modify Sweet Home 3D source code. if it's nice, I'll add it to developer's guides section.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 27, 2010, 11:02:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
josleen

Re: Modifying source

I am doing a project in sweet home 3d. I need to modify source code. I dont know how to start. Can anyone please help me !!!
[Mar 1, 2011, 1:50:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved