Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 65684 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
tibihan

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
VideoPlugin

With a colleague, we have realized with young students (eleven year old) a project during the school year 2009-2010 : make the plans of our school with SweetHome 3D.

Then we decided to make up a story and produce a video. But at that time, the "Create a video" option did not exist in SweetHome 3D.

After some investigations and the help of "Plugin Developer Guide", I realized that it was not difficult to move the visitor and record a photo. So, I started to develop the plugin VideoPlugin.

Then E. Puybaret edited a new version of SweetHome 3D with the "Create a video" option. However, I decided to continue the development of my plugin for different reasons :
- the pleasure to achieve it,
- it facilitates the continuity of the various sequences produced by the students,
- it enables to edit the path without having to erase the previous steps,
- it enables to modify the visitor's speed and the step duration (between two passage points).

However, it has got 3 drawbacks :
- because of lack of time, the interface is quite basic,
- it is more complex to use than Emmanuel's panel which is intuitive ; but some of my best students managed to deal with it and helped the others,
- I did not succeeded in recording the video : distinct images are produced and must be edited to a video with another program ( we have used VideoSpin from Pinnacle ).

In spite of these drawbacks and following Emmanuel's advice, I publish the plugin as an example of possible developments which can help other developers of the community. here

Do not hesitate to notice some bugs or ask for questions.
Jean-Luc Delmas
jeanluc.delmas78@free.fr

[Aug 25, 2010, 10:52:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tibihan

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: VideoPlugin

I have forgotten to give you a link to the result.

You will find a commentary on our work, and the video :click here
[Aug 25, 2010, 11:34:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved