Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7024 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Why not a contest?

Hi!

After seeing nicer and nicer pictures made with Sweet Home 3D, I wonder if I could organize some kind of contest. The winners would have their pictures shown on the home pages of Sweet Home 3D in replacement of the existing ones. What do you think of this idea?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 10, 2010, 6:37:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Re: Why not a contest?

I think it would be a great idea. But it might lead to stiff competition. biggrin

[Sep 10, 2010, 6:53:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fhoofman

good. i'll be a bit show off
[Sep 13, 2010, 7:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here it is. You've got until October 10, 2010 to submit your best image. biggrin
[Sep 14, 2010, 9:23:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Puybaret, I just asked for permission for a private model that I would like to use in the competition, and the maker said it would be fine, if I could send him a link to the file with the model when it's finished. Would it be alright to include a link from your site when I am done? If not, it is okay, I simply won't use the model smile

[Edit 1 times, last edit by whippetsleek at Sep 14, 2010, 11:17:58 PM]
[Sep 14, 2010, 11:16:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As said in contest conditions, you can use any 3D model you want, private or publicly available, as long as we can publish an image of it on Sweet Home 3D web site. If you're the author of that model I guess you won't mind to show it to others.
A problem may arise if I want to publish the SH3D file of your project at the end of the contest, because publishing such a file is some kind of redistribution of the 3D models it includes. If your SH3D file uses some models that you're not allowed to redistribute, I won't be able to publish your SH3D file. But you can still submit your image, since it's a photo contest not a SH3D file contest.
I hope it's clearer... wink
[Sep 15, 2010, 8:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

The maker said he would want to link to any photos or pictures if the model is published, just wants the kudos of his model I would guess. I was asking your permission to send him the link if he in turns wants to publish the fact his model was used. His model is one of the Google Warehouse, so I would think that is where he would publish any link to his model. Just wanted to be sure you had no objections to a link on Google. smile

[Sep 15, 2010, 3:51:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Chris, the best images will be published on the home page, and I won't add any link to a Google Warehouse model on the home page. I would be ok to add such a link somewhere else (for example in the blog page where I'll publish the results of the contest), but you can easily guess that if every participant needs to cite a list of model authors, this won't be fun for me to prepare... confused
[Sep 15, 2010, 4:27:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

oops, I think I might have made a misunderstanding. The maker of the model wants me to send him a link of your website to him.... He doesn't want to be named here. He wants to display on his own webpage where the model was used. I was asking for your permission to send him a link to any pictures of his model that I use that might be published on your site. He would then use that link on his own webpage to show where his model was used.

I think I am basically asking if you are agreeing with another website using your Sweet Home 3D logo, and the Sweet Home 3D web address to show that a model is published there.

[Sep 15, 2010, 4:48:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

No problem for that. wink
[Sep 15, 2010, 4:59:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved