Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 47
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 232318 times and has 46 replies Next Thread
starrunner

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile New plugin: Advanced plan editing

A new plugin is available in the plugin tracker on SourceForge:
Advanced plan editing

Available actions:
- Resize (selected objects)
- Edit room points (in a dialog)
- Join walls

Suggestions and comments are welcome.
[Sep 15, 2010, 11:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: New plugin: Advanced plan editing

Tobias,

Interesting plug-in, thank you very much.

I gave it a try and was able to change the size of a group of selected objects.

It seems I cannot find out how to do the other two things:
- edit room points
- join walls.

Do you think you could write a brief explanation how to do this?

Thank you very much.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 15, 2010, 2:58:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Hi Hans,

Edit room points

Lets you edit the (corner) points of the first selected room in a dialog or, if no room is selected, creates a new room (starting with one single point) you can edit then.

Join walls

Connects all selected walls by setting the end point of the first wall to the start point of the second, and so on. Maybe I should call it "Connect walls", to make it clearer.

What did you try to do with it?
[Sep 16, 2010, 1:09:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Tobias,

Are we talking about the same plug-in?

1 - When I draw a room, select all four walls and access Edit -> Resize, I can resize the room by using the drop-down menu, setting it to exact or relative measurements, or to a percentage. X and Y can be individually changed, or Aspect Ratio can be checked.
2 - While nothing is selected, I have access to Edit but not to -> Resize.
3 - I draw four separate walls, together forming more a less a square, but without the ends of the walls touching. "Open corners", so to say. When I select all fours walls and then Edit -> Resize , I cannot see how I should connect the walls, and more in general, nothing happens. Based on your answer, I would expect the walls to be made longer, to the point that they form a closed quadrangle.

START EDIT
4 - As to the nine "justification buttons": can you explain how to use them? I can see that the coordinates changes according to the button pressed, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
END EDIT

Is it possible to write a detailed step-by-step tutorial with images on how to (a) edit room points, (b) create that new room, and (c) join or connect walls?

Thanks for any explication you can offer.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Sep 16, 2010, 6:51:23 PM]
[Sep 16, 2010, 6:09:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fhoofman

I have the same problem as Hans

my project suddenly freeze.
[Sep 16, 2010, 6:13:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Hi Hans,

we are talking about the same plugin, but not about the same actions (= menu items) wink

A plugin can have more than one action. So mine has three actions, two of them also available in the toolbar:

- Edit -> Resize (available in the toolbar)
- Plan -> Edit room points (also available in the toolbar)
- Plan -> Join walls (not available in the toolbar)

If you ask, why I didn't mentioned the menus in the plugin: The name depends on your locale. I thought if I talk about "actions", everything would be clear - but that seems to be "developer speak" smile

To your question 4:
If you look at the rulers during changing the "justification" (or if you have something in your plan that is not selected), it should become more obvious how they work. You are selecting in which direction to grow or shrink, in other words these coordinates are the "fix point".

I hope, now that thats clear, I don't need to write a step by step tutorial confused
[Sep 17, 2010, 8:33:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
starrunner

Hi Yudi,

I can't see, where Hans is talking about a "freezing project"?

When does this occur?
[Sep 17, 2010, 8:34:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Hmm, well I tried it on another computer and it works fine (almost). The only problem seems to be the "Join walls" does not join the nearest points on the selected walls. Instead it joins (I think) the endpoint of 1st wall to starting point of 2nd wall.

Also, it would be nice if input dimensions could be in feet too. And have "relative dimensions" in "Edit Points" dialogue.

All in all, a wonderful start though! I'd been hoping for some precision features like this for some time tongue
[Sep 18, 2010, 2:44:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
fhoofman

Hi Yudi,

I can't see, where Hans is talking about a "freezing project"?

When does this occur?

select 1 wall, and then edit->resize-> push center button-> ok

you'll see what I mean crying
[Sep 18, 2010, 5:56:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Can confirm this here too. Select only one wall. Push any of the "origin" buttons and, first the screen display turns weird, then it freezes.

Additionally, the Width is displayed as "0".
[Sep 19, 2010, 4:28:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved