Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 23
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 57558 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: AdvancedRenderingMini-1.6.1 + new lights

I accidentally double clicked on the sh3f file when moving it to install it into a portable edition of SW3D, and installed the new lights into my full program. The Advanced Render Mini works fine, and is much better than the full size. I do have the new cross hairs on the bulbs like you said, except for the colored lights. For example I have a cross hair incandescent, Halogen, and white, but the old non cross hair blue, red, and magenta. I like having both even if the names are similar, and don't really want to take out the old lights... any ideas?

And this is a great addition. smile I love the new daylight bulb... wink
Oh! In that case the only reason you aren't seeing the cross-hairs on your other coloured bulbs is because the original BasicPlusExtraLights are taking a higher priority than the new AdvancedRenderingLights coloured bulbs.

There is something that can be done to solve that but it would then mean you couldn't then use an older version of AdvancedRendering.

Thank you for your kind comments! smile
[Sep 16, 2010, 11:38:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

And this is a great addition. smile

Agree biggrin

But a few problems:

Colour of the sky/ground in the 3d view do not affect the colours of the render.
Hi maker,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, please can you elaborate further?

If the 3d view is displayed in separate window:
1. With "Apply Proportions: 3d view" checked, if I change the input in "Wid (pix)", I get really weird figures in the "Hgt (pix"

2. Typing 300 width gives incomplete render. Weird - because all other input figures seem to be working.
That's an interesting bug you have found there, it also happens on the AdvancedRendering-1.6, it appears the separate window size isn't being correctly passed to the render plugin. The only render window that reads the information correctly is the built in "Create photo..."

I too really love the built-in lights-cum-furniture biggrin
Thanks! smile
[Sep 17, 2010, 12:03:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

After some initial testing, I decided to delete the two earlier prototype renderers (Phong & Co), because I like it very, very much.

One wish, though. This version (1.6.1) uses the mini interface. That may be a good idea for people on laptops and netbooks, but doesn't make sense when using a 22 inch screen. I make frequent "fast" renders at around 400x300 pixels to get a quick, general idea of what I will get, especially when fine-tuning the quantity of light and deciding whether or not to add a few "degrees" of extra light. I never save these previews, only "best" previews are worth saving for in-depth scrutiny (imho).
Thank you Hans for your kind comments. smile
Originally I was going to create a dedicated Preview button but after carrying out some timed renders, I found it to be only 3-4 seconds faster for a basic scene, or around 25 seconds for a very complex scene, compared to the new "Fast" setting, a "Preview" button could still be a possibility for the future though!

Is it possible to add (a) a button that lets you choose between "mini" and "maxi" or (b) a drop-down menu that lets you choose S-M-X-XL, where you get previews that are (say) 150, 300, 450 or 600 pixels high (or wide) ?

Hans
That's quite an interesting idea being able to switch between between mini and maxi, this could be automated depending on the users native screen resolution, although I would prefer to be able to choose whether I wanted a large or small interface.

The size could be made even bigger still, like X or XL, but it would possibly only serve a small range of users?

As long as Emmanuel is happy with the new plugin, I can also release the full size AdvancedRendering-1.6.1 version. smile
[Sep 17, 2010, 12:20:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Thank you db4tech for this new version. biggrin
And too bad you won't show us a nice image using it for the contest. sad
I really hope your coming course will be interesting!
You're welcome! smile

It's a shame I won't get time to enter, since I have started the new semester this week.
Thank you for your well wishes! smile
[Sep 17, 2010, 12:24:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

db4tech,

The main reason I would be interested in the larger "preview" display, is that it wouldn't be necessary to save the rendered image, and switch to the directory where it I saved to open it.

I'll certainly will (have to) learn to live with the current "preview" size, but with my large screen I definitely would like to see it bigger. After all, we all know "bigger is better", don't we?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 17, 2010, 1:55:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

smile Re: AdvancedRenderingMini-1.6.1 + new lights

But a few problems:

Colour of the sky/ground in the 3d view do not affect the colours of the render.
Hi maker,
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, please can you elaborate further?

Hi db4tech. E.g., if I "modify" the colours of the ground and sky in the 3d View, so that they're orange (sky) and grass (ground). The colours shown in the render are still brown and sky blue. (And of course, the GI from sky makes render blue-ish.) Only changing the time of the day makes the render darker/lighter.

One other question: How do I change the intensity or colour of light in the integrated light (like Table lamp)?

Thanks again for one hell of a plugin smile
[Sep 17, 2010, 3:49:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

db4tech,

The main reason I would be interested in the larger "preview" display, is that it wouldn't be necessary to save the rendered image, and switch to the directory where it I saved to open it.

I'll certainly will (have to) learn to live with the current "preview" size, but with my large screen I definitely would like to see it bigger. After all, we all know "bigger is better", don't we?

Hans
Hi Hans,

I have compiled a full size version for you, AdvancedRendering-1.6.1. Containing the bug fixes, improvements and new features. smile

As soon as Emmanuel says it's okay I will release it.

Would you like me to add the version number (1.6.1) to the top of the render interface, so you can see at a glance which version number you are currently using?

db4tech
[Sep 17, 2010, 3:57:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi db4tech. E.g., if I "modify" the colours of the ground and sky in the 3d View, so that they're orange (sky) and grass (ground). The colours shown in the render are still brown and sky blue. (And of course, the GI from sky makes render blue-ish.) Only changing the time of the day makes the render darker/lighter.
Hi maker,
Thank you for providing a breakdown of what you mean.

The option to select a separate sky colour only affects the Sweet Home 3D preview window, (OpenGL 3D) or the first render setting of the built in "Create photo..."

The the sky colours created for an actual render (when a sky texture isn't used) are generated automatically by SunFlow (the current render engine) and only appear to accept a few paramerters like, controlling the Suns position to simulate time of day, which automatically creates the sunrise and sunset colours.

One other question: How do I change the intensity or colour of light in the integrated light (like Table lamp)?

Thanks again for one hell of a plugin smile
For other furniture lamps, at the moment, possibly the easiest and fastest way is, export the lamp as an obj, import it again, then add a light bulb of your choice, which will then give you full control.

For the future, when light control is integrated into Sweet Home, I would imagine there will also be a power/brightness control for all lamps, not just light bulbs! smile

By the way I have found a workaround for your previous bug!
smile

If you launch the AdvancedRendering interface and leave it open, before selecting "Display in separate window", you should then find that, changing the separate 3D preview window size correctly passes the size parameters to the AdvancedRendering interface, without the previously seen Height error.

db4tech
[Sep 17, 2010, 4:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Wow, db4tech...

Tailor-made plug-ins... Even paid software doesn't come this good!! :-)

I think, I would prefer to call the plug-in 1.6.1.maxi or 1.6.1.XL or something similar.

Thank you very much for all your trouble!

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 17, 2010, 5:28:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Hans,

You have e-mail!
I've sent you a special Maxi version (not to share) just for you! smile

db4tech
[Sep 18, 2010, 2:38:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 23   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved