Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 135
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 319545 times and has 134 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.0

Pencilart,

It doesn't help (very much) if you rotate the texture. Try the following: take a box and apply a texture. Then rotate the box and watch what happens in the 3D window.

You'll see that the texture is applied correctly on the top and two opposing sides. The other two opposing sides are diagonally striped.

It's the same with every other model that you apply textures to. Sometimes it's understandable (textures can never cover a sphere properly), sometimes it's not so easy to understand (as with the box).

Personally, I'm glad we can apply textures, and I don't complain about imperfections.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 10, 2010, 10:02:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Yes, I'm glad that textures can be applied! That's great! I wasn't complaining, I just didn't know if the texture option had such a feature or not.
[Oct 11, 2010, 2:37:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Pencilart,

You may want to read this message .

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 11, 2010, 3:29:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hello,

The beta 10 is out! smile
- It fixes the bug on transparent textures mentioned by db4tech (note that the fix will let transparent textures appear clearer).
- To reduce Photo and Video creation dialog height and improve their quite weird layout, I replaced quality info labels by tooltips with a special behavior: the tooltip appears when you roll over the quality slider and also when you click on it.
- Fixed this bug in Export to OBJ format feature
- Changed the color of the Sun light depending on the hour of the day.
- Used Silk rendering / Uber shader at best quality rendering along with a light ambient occlusion effect to avoid dark zones when they don't receive sun light.

In fact, I had to make choices about the rendering for performance sake and to avoid the white spots that may appear with silk rendering when no texture is applied to the sky. So here are the rules:
- At the 3rd quality level and in Aerial view mode, shiny surfaces are computed with SunFlow shiny shader that lets appear a reflect (as in Beta 9). It's less nice but much faster to compute.
- At the best quality level in Virtual visit mode, shiny surfaces are computed with SunFlow Uber shader that gives a silk effect, and ambient occlusion is always on to avoid very dark shadows.
- In Aerial view mode, the texture applied to the sky is never used, because I find the shadow effect computed with sun sky gives really nice results (this was the behavior of Sweet Home 3D version 2.6, but not in previous beta versions). If this really annoys you or if you really want silk effect or prefer ambient occlusion (which is nevertheless very dark), you can still elevate the user's point of view in Virtual visit mode at a location similar to Aerial view mode.

I hope these behaviors aren't too complicated. If you just oppose 3rd to 4th quality, and Aerial view to Virtual visit modes, they should feel quite logical and (almost) intuitive for beginners. In a way, there isn't much difference with version 2.6, except that best quality is better and most consistent (at best quality level, ambient occlusion is always on and gives the same shadows whether you apply a texture to the sky or not).

@whippetsleek
During the night, there's no sun (I don't mean it's hidden, I mean the sun and the sky are not computed at all), so changing time from sunset to sunrise won't change anything.
I don't see much difference in the two images you show, anti aliasing apart.

@PtiNounours
Matte or glossy option for walls is really interesting. Is it possible to integrate it on the furniture?
This option should appear in a coming beta. I just hope that the furniture modification dialog won't get too complicated (no I don't want to add some tabs at this moment wink).

Another topic. Is it possible to lock the base plane, which prevents accidental mishandling while leaving the possibility of having access to the parameters of a wall or object, without needing to unlock?
Even if it's easy to program, I'd rather not. Locking the base base plan must remain simple on a selection point of view.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 11, 2010, 8:35:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

Emmanuel,
Thanks for the update!

Still experiencing the same problem with beta 10, plus the ambient lighting is; lets say, a little too bright! wink

db4tech
[Oct 11, 2010, 8:56:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Still experiencing the same problem with beta 10
I know, but I have no idea where the problem might come from at this moment...

plus the ambient lighting is; lets say, a little too bright! wink
I was afraid some users find it too dark... Note that if you don't like, you can choose a night hour to turn it off.
By the way did you see that the ambient color is a complementary color to sun color? I hope my way of computing is ok (I computed the average of the other RGB components for each component, see here). wink

Thank you for your feedback.
[Oct 11, 2010, 9:28:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I updated the current Beta to improve silk rendering / Uber shader. It goes 4 times faster and renders better. smile
[Oct 12, 2010, 12:42:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

[Google translate]

Some bugs on my side,

Renderer SH3D (Java3D) version 2.6:

Renderer SH3D (Java3D) version 3.0 beta 11

This is a 3 part construction:
- Stage 1 is in the file
- Stage 2 with imported plugin 'Copy as new furniture'
- Roofing made in SketchUp and imported furniture.

In version 2.6, the textures of the walls are all identical, unlike the version 3 beta 11, which displays a color difference between stage 1 and the other 2 floors.

Surprisingly, rendering him sunflow is correct in the beta 3.

Another bug reported:

white marks on the curtains, palm tree, and a strange reflection on the TV, not present with Advanced Rendering Mini v1.6.1

[Note from moderator]
Fixed link to images, and removed French translation.
Please, avoid translations. This is the English part of the forum.
If you don't speak good English, it's not a problem, you're not the alone person in that case. wink
[Oct 12, 2010, 6:17:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Tonight, the Beta 12 brings the ability to store the current point of view and restore it later, as proposed in this thread.

@PtiNounours
Wouldn't have you check "shiny" on outside part of your walls?
By the way, nice model! smile

White marks or spots are not really a bug. It's a shininess effect that appears with the silk rendering used now at the best quality level. Miserably, many models (like curtains) use a very high shininess level when they shouldn't, that's why I'll add a Matt / Shiny choice on furniture in a coming version... or maybe I'm wrong to keep trying the silk rendering/Uber shader.
[Oct 12, 2010, 8:48:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

For rendering sunflow Version 3 beta 11, the result is rather convincing. Particularly in terms of lighting for interiors that is much brighter without having to add many light sources that was not the case with the Mini Advanced Rendering v1.6.1 which could sometimes works really dark.

Conversely, there are actually bug graphics on objects that have bright textures. I would do more tests later.

On the walls, they are all set to 'Mat'. I think this setting does not affect rendering SH3D (3D view), but acts only on the rendering Sunflow?

When I created a textured object in sketchup then imported into SH3D version 2.6, no color differences were noticeable with another object that both created and textured in SH3D. It seems to me that under the version 3 beta 7 or 8, I did not this difference in color, which appeared to me since this latest version. (I zap versions 9 to 10 that I have not tested).
[Oct 12, 2010, 9:59:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved