Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 135
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 319495 times and has 134 replies Next Thread
whippetsleek
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.0

Pitnounours : I've found out with Sketch models, (and you might have learned this already, so sorry if I am repeating) that if a surface is not a component, all surfaces in Sketch are considered two sided. So when you make a model, you should select the faces not in a component, and reverse the faces, and reapply your texture to avoid losing the texture when exported.

Sketch models when exported to dae files have a known bug called xyz battles. It means that if two faces are on the same plane, the program decides which face is the viewable face, and it might not be the face that you want showing. So always try to have either a dominant component, or two faces textured the same if you have to have two faces on the same plane.

Puybaret: Thanks for your time and reply, and I found out while discussing this with another modeler, that my latitude and longitude were not correctly assigned in my settings, and that is what was throwing off my sun's position at the time I thought should have been dark. So please forgive any confusion. smile
----------------------------------------

[Oct 13, 2010, 9:09:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

It was tough, but I succeeded to add support for round walls in the Beta 13, another long awaited feature... smile

In this Beta version, round walls can be drawn only with Wall creation tool, by pressing Ctrl key (Alt key under Mac OS X) during the second click that points out the end of a wall (you can also press Enter + Ctrl or Alt to edit the arc angle with the keyboard).
I'll add a Arc extent spinner in the Wall modification dialog later, to let users create round walls afterwards.
Meanwhile, please tell me your opinion about this gesture.

It's possible to place windows or doors in the round walls but at this moment, you'll have to adjust manually the angle and the depth of the window to make it make a hole in the wall.
I suggest you to use first an invisible box to make a hole in the round wall then place the window in that part, like in the example file attached to this message. Try it and you'll understand why, it's not so easy to place automatically... wink

Phew, I'm tired of trigonometric computing, 2 PI modulos and y inverted axis for a while!!! confused
Attachment RoomWithTower.sh3d (349231 bytes) (Download count: 1847) (A room with two round walls)

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 16, 2010, 11:32:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@PtiNounours
I found the regression bug. It's fixed in Beta 14. Please confirm it's ok for you.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 17, 2010, 10:31:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

Thank you for correcting the texture of the walls.
The result is ok.

Congratulations to the renderer which is really fast and beautifully rendered.

For the round walls, good function. Maybe add the ability to simultaneously shift key and ctrl key? (To remove the magnetism while a wall round)

Anyway, good Job Emmanuel
[Oct 17, 2010, 11:13:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

Edit:

The simultaneous ctrl and shift working.
[Oct 17, 2010, 11:23:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Do you mean the bug of the wall that doesn't render correctly, mentioned in this post? The screen shot I posted here still applies.

On opening the file provided by PtitNounours, I did a series of renders: Q0-Q3. As before, Q2 gave a white wall. I then did a Q3 which was OK. When I did another Q2 it was okay and both walls were textured. When I then did another Q3 it had a white wall. Etc... etc...

To be sure, I closed SH3D and started it again (v3-b14) and the same sequence happened.

It seems something is wrong, but it's not very consistent.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 17, 2010, 11:32:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

For the bug that was resolved, it is rendering in 3D view Sweethome not the renderer.

For the renderer, I tested a new export SketchUp wall, but this time in version 8.
Dae export parameters:
Triangulate the faces-active
Export-veneer textures active
- Other inactive option.

I also took care to orient the faces in the right direction.

After import in Sweethome 3D renderer in:
Q0 all white
Q1 all white
Q2 sketchup old white wall. new wall to wall SH3D textured sketchup ok
Q3 old sketchup white wall. new wall to wall SH3D textured sketchup ok

I do not know if this is the beta 14, which fixes this, or version 8 of SketchUp or having put the faces in the right direction, but the result of the renderer is ok in Q2 and Q3.
For my part I never use Q0 and Q1; bug lesser extent in my case.

I can send the new test file SH3D wall and the wall dae if necessary.
[Oct 17, 2010, 12:01:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

Up file test wall:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oazbrk5m1dffckr/test_wall.zip

I just saw that render the soil of the last photo with the wall round was brilliant. very nice effect.
[Oct 17, 2010, 1:40:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

And here are the results of the big render lottery:

First run:
Q0 = 3x correct
Q1 = 3x correct
Q2 = left is white
Q3 = 3x correct

Second run
Q0 = 3x correct
Q1 = 3x correct
Q2 = left is white
Q3 = left is white

Third run = see: first run

Fourth run
Q0 = 3x correct
Q1 = 3x correct
Q2 = 3x correct
Q3 = left is white

Fifth run
Q0 = 3x correct
Q1 = 3x correct
Q2 = 3x correct
Q3 = 3x correct

Sixth run = see: fifth run

Seventh run = see fourth run

Have fun!!

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Oct 17, 2010, 2:52:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

I think the problem probably comes from the left wall of the right orientation of faces sketchup. it's really strange, but I would be careful about that now.

Hans, I see you've textures of the 3 walls Q0 and Q1, I have rarely textures displayed in these two qualities, either in photo or video. Only the colors and not textures are displayed in my home at Q0 and Q1 sad
[Oct 17, 2010, 3:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 135   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved