Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3144 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
my wishes :-)

hi people,
i dunno if some or all of my wishes are already been mentioned, but here they are anyway:

1: there should be a disable/enable checkmark inside createphoto dialog.
same for advanced renderer, which i used most.
2: also use of ceiling lights should relate to any activated "show ceiling" settings in the plan, maybe with an own "show ceiling for entire plan" checkbox?
3: the sunlight being present during rendering should not shine through the invisible ceiling, so my rendering should look like light's coming only in via windows etc. this doesnt work in flyover view, so far i know?
4: it would be nice to add a feature to split a wall at a specific position, to make it possible to add a different colour/texture to different parts of a wall (long outer walls for instance).

greets
[Nov 14, 2010, 8:02:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: my wishes :-)

Macfrog,

1 - Which check mark? Depending on the quality setting there is one, or there are three check marks. And what should it enable/disable?
2 - Ceilings are switched ON and OFF for each room individually. If you want to switch on all rooms at the same time, just select them all and change them all using Modify rooms.
3 - If your ceiling is visible, sunlight is blocked. If your ceiling is invisible, sunlight can enter. Seems very logical, and I don't think we should change that.
4 - Select a wall, then click Plan --> Split wall and the wall is split in two equal parts. Change the coordinates of one part to move the split to the exact location you want it.

Maybe it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the program, and read the manuals, before asking "new" features?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 14, 2010, 9:27:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

sorry for that poor post i've made to start this thread,

to answer your (justified) questions:

1: enable/disable FURNITURE, i don't know how this word is become lost in my post... when i get to know how to chg earlier msgs i'll correct that, i promise :)

2: exactly, but i would like to have ONE switch to enable/disable all at once! the plan is locked, i don't want to unlock/select/change etc..
i've got 15 rooms, even unlocking the plan only makes it possible to introduce a mistake like moving one floor or whatsoever.
3. no. that one doesn't work.
see screenshot below (german, as i am from germany)

as you can see, the sun shines through the ceilings, even if the ceilings are "visible", and they are, all of them.

4. okay. here you are right, my mistake - i just overseen this in the plan menu. somtimes the solution is so close blushing

frank
[Nov 14, 2010, 10:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Macfrog,

1 - Ceilings are never visible in the 3D window. Ceilings are one-sided, meaning that they are visible when seen from underneath (that is from inside the room), but are transparent when seen from above.
2 - Visible - invisible
- click in the top-right window to select it
- type CTRL-A to select everything at one
- do a right-click you can then change all walls, or all rooms, or all furniture in one go
- this is a great way to make everything (in)visible

3 - To make it even easier, you could decide to group all furniture.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 14, 2010, 10:17:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

The ceilings appear only in the view virtual tour and not air. Or I did not understand your problem.
[Nov 14, 2010, 10:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
confused Re: my wishes :-)

No, it's like that:
i want those ceilings to be activated, but invisible. that means i don't want to see ceilings from aerial view, but the incoming sunlight should be blocked. i want to look from top into the rooms, and the light situation should appear as there were ceilings.

@hansmex
i certainly understand the logical consequences of wanting to have transparent ceilings and the resulting effects in reality, but we are bending virtual light here, it shouldn't be a general problem to allow view and blocking light at the same time, don't you think so?
and yes, i am familar with raytracing, shading, 3d in general and so on.
cool

about the furniture/ceiling switch thing:
i know how to select and make it visible, i just don't like it very much to unlock the plan to change an option that only affects rendering.
so let's say i make one photo (maybe 24 with batch later...) and then, or in the middle of the script i want to change one or two options (in this case "hide moveable furniture") and proceed rendering.
you see what i mean?
to group all my furniture would at least require some kindof treeview, to letting me hierarchically change their visibility status.

as i told before, my plan is locked, to avoid clicking and dragging walls or floors while moving cabinets.
so, to "quickly" make ceilings (in)visible, i have to unlock, what i want to avoid.

frank
[Nov 15, 2010, 8:26:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved