Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2846 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
different shapes of lights?

the lightbulbs are good. but how do i create other light objects, lets say a cube as a light or any other with a rectangular face?
e.g. for adding a LED strip light or making TV-screens shine bright?

also, ive tried to change an tv object (using artofillusion) to have a specific texture to represent a bright (light) picture, but sh3d refuses to show this tv object the same way, in fact, the texture is not even seen. why is that? how do i make a tv (or anything else) glow? flat glow if possible?
thanx
[Nov 14, 2010, 8:16:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
PtiNounours

Re: different shapes of lights?

Hello Macfrog,

I'm a French user and I ask myself the same question

Maybe by placing a semi-transparent texture corresponding to the image broadcast by the TV and put a light behind. But it becomes difficult on a flat TV.

PtiNounours
[Nov 14, 2010, 10:35:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

PtiNounours, your workaround is a good idea, but you're right, there won't be enough room in a flat TV to put a light behind the image! Maybe, it's worth giving a try with a matrix of 9 small lights for example???
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 15, 2010, 5:00:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

thanks for your answer,
i'm currently using one blue light bulb just in front of that tv. that will produce the nice dark blue mood i expect to see on a rendering with a tv in it :) but a "glowing" texture would be even better... is it not possible (yet) in general or do i have to do something special with that object for not messing the wanted the effect ?
frank
[Nov 15, 2010, 8:02:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved