Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4908 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
mikeote

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Are dome shaped buildings possible with SH3D ?

Thanks for looking at my thread, just a quick question to see if SH3D is for me.

I'm planning on building an "earthbag" dome, and would like to create a 3d render of it first, the dome shape is similar to a lancet arch (or a lemon cut in half), is a building of this shape possible in SH3D?

If so can any one point me to a good resource for learning how to create such unusual shapes in SH3D ?

Thanks!
Mike
[Nov 17, 2010, 12:48:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Are dome shaped buildings possible with SH3D ?

Sorry Mike but I'm not sure Sweet Home 3D is the best solution for you.
It is unable to generate domes and it handles only openings with a rectangular shape.
Of course there are always wokarounds, but I would look first if some other software would be more helpful for your case. Don't hesitate to tell here your final choice! smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 17, 2010, 1:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mikeote

Re: Are dome shaped buildings possible with SH3D ?

Thanks for the reply Puybaret, i'll post a reply if I find some thing.

Best Regards,
MIke
[Nov 17, 2010, 4:34:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved