Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4148 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to find specific furniture

hi everybody,
i'm going to install sh3d,now v3, on my PC with windows as well and i'd like to transfer my already imported furniture objects from my MacOS X Notebook.
the problem is: i cannot find any specific furniture in the desired place. here is a pic to demonstrate

this is my /eteks/shome3d AppSupport folder.

as you can see, there is no furniture (.sh3f ?) present. So, my question would be: how to transfer, lets say, a table?
greetz
macfrog
[Dec 5, 2010, 9:16:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to find specific furniture

Macfrog,

You should copy the entire eteks directory to your new computer. Then you have exactly the same libraries and plug-ins as on your old computer.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 5, 2010, 9:36:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Hans, thank you for this quick response.
unfortunately, this wont solve a similar issue while try to use FurnitureEditor on those files...
macfrog
[Dec 5, 2010, 9:41:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Macfrog,

The Furniture Editor is not a plug-in, but an extension. You have to copy it separately.
Problems on computer 1, should be the same on computer 2, as far as SH3D is concerned.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 5, 2010, 9:45:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

A few more details:
Transferring preferences and imported furniture is much easier in Sweet Home 3D, but copying the directory on the target computer should be done in the directory described in Portability section of the blog article about version 3.0.
This will work only if preferences storage on the first computer was updated to version 3.0. You can guess it easily, by looking at the content of the eTeks/Sweet Home 3D or .eteks/sweethome3d directory: if it contains a file named preferences.xml, this means that your preferences were updated to version 3.0. If it doesn't, you should modify preferences first from Sweet Home 3D. This can be done by saving a new dummy file (recent open files are stored in preferences), or changing any preferences in Preferences dialog.
An other tip: if the preferences directory doesn't exist on the target computer yet, create it automatically by changing preferences from Sweet Home 3D, quit the program, then transfer eTeks/Sweet Home 3D or .eteks/sweethome3d directory. This will ensure the directory is correctly named on the target computer.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 6, 2010, 8:35:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved