Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4153 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
wrosun

Nepal
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
shock Loosing Disk Space???

Hello friend loosing disk space without knowing why...
THis is actually some thing i faced myself
I made my own house using sweethome 3d so i created many textures imported many furnitures so that it would be same as that in my home
but i started loosing disk space daily om my c: drive
until one day it sayed that the disk is full

then with help of the experts i recovered few space by deleting
the files under C:\Users\Timi\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\work

but still not space as there should be so i look for files under

C:\Users\Timi\AppData\Local\Temp

this is where the temp files are stored but by what i have heared they should be deleted automatically after sometime but when i checked this folder it showed its size more tha 40 GB i was surprised and when i opened it and had a look there were temporary files from internet but they were below 500 KB and on scrolling down i found some .SH3f
files some of them were sized more than 80 mb

This thread is a question more than a solution.
Is sweet home 3d Suposed to do that or is it some thing i did
[Dec 13, 2010, 8:13:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal
Re: Loosing Disk Space???

P.S there were many files files which refered to what i imported and textured i created and many more files i deleted about 1500 files from there and now now the disk space is back to normal and my notebook is faster than before.
[Dec 13, 2010, 8:16:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In version 2.6 and previous versions, Sweet Home 3D temporary files were stored in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp.
I think you can empty your temporary folder safely once you exited all open applications. Then, I would reboot my computer.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 13, 2010, 10:20:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

Thanks !
I had already donr that after you sugestion that we can delete temp files of Sh3d without any effect to the program!

Wrosun!
[Dec 13, 2010, 11:58:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved