Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2552 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Fabrizio

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New video features

Hi all,

I suggest to add a feature to pause/resume/save the creation status of a video. Sometimes the creation process takes simply too long and it could be useful to pause it, quit the program and resume it later-

Also, another great option would be the option to parallelize the rendering on multiple JVMs.
[Dec 20, 2010, 8:46:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: New video features

Fabrizio,

Concerning your second point, you may want to read this thread .

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 20, 2010, 9:40:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Fabrizio

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that project.
I see that it uses another format (.sc) to define the 3D model. I don't know how to handle it, however...
[Dec 21, 2010, 11:33:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Fabrizio,

Well, I didn't give you the link because it's a ready-made solution. Obviously some DIY is needed to get this working.

That said, Helios uses the Sunflow rendering engine, just like SH3D, so I assume the basic file structure should be compatible. Maybe you have to do some additional (Java) programming to get things working, but it would definitely be nice to see this working.

Me, I'm only here to clean out the closets, but other, smarter, people with programming skills have made wonderful contributions to the functionality of SH3D. Maybe you're one of the smart guys who'll give us multi-computer rendering??? wink

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 21, 2010, 11:46:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hans, you're doing much more things than cleaning the closets here. wink

Fabrizio, I don't think the .sc file format will help you here, since Sweet Home 3D doesn't exchange any file with SunFlow, but simply calls its Java API.
The thread cited by Hans was just to show you that it's not impossible to program and others thought about it already.
But frankly, I have no ambition to work on this feature in a close future, unless someone pays me to program it or... programs it himself and contributes a working solution.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 21, 2010, 5:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved