Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 38555 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
okh
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Door swing in plan

Hi Hafsteinn,

Good news is that your property editing looks perfectly valid. Tried them, no problem there, except some odd values, such as the door swing/opening being outside the model, but that should not prevent the file from working. A couple of suggestions based on similar troubles:

Is PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties saved in plain text format?

In step 6: change name of MyFile.zip to MyFile.sh3d - that should be MyFile.sh3f.

I would also suggest a slightly different approach to avoid some problems from zipping. If you send me the file
1. Rename MyFile.sh3f to MyFile.zip.
2. Just open MyFile.zip
3. Copy PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties to another directory.
4.-6. Make changes to the outside file and save.
7. Copy that file back into MyFile.zip (confirm replace).
8. Rename MyFile.zip to MyFile.sh3f.

From here on, it should be enough to double-click MyFile.sh3f for the library to be imported - but Furniture, import furniture library should also work - and result in a correct file being placed in the user directory.

You could also check if the .sh3f file opens in FurnitureLibraryEditor after it has been edited. Sometimes opening and saving a file with FurnitureLibraryEditor will fix the PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties, I have not quite figured out why, but it could be an invalid linefeed (cr/lf, lf or cr).

If you wish, you can send me the edited .zip/sh3f file. A look should reveal what is wrong.

ok
[Nov 2, 2016, 9:19:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

By the way - in addition to the above - just for your info - here are the values I used (after testing yours) for a normal door with a doorframe of 10 cm The original values do work, and may be the way you want them, but they could be a bit confusing if someone else tried them on a similar door. So I changed doorOrWindowWallThickness# so the frame protrudes on both sides of the wall, and I moved the door swing to inside the doorframe. I also added a full cut-out to avoid an empty frame being filled:

width#1=88
depth#1=20
height#1=210
movable#1=true
doorOrWindow#1=true
doorOrWindowCutOutShape#1=M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z
doorOrWindowWallThickness#1=15.0
doorOrWindowWallDistance#1=3.0
doorOrWindowSashXAxis#1=78
doorOrWindowSashYAxis#1=15.0
doorOrWindowSashWidth#1=68.0
doorOrWindowSashStartAngle#1=180
doorOrWindowSashEndAngle#1=270

ok
[Nov 2, 2016, 9:49:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Hafsteinn

Iceland

Hi

Thanks for the fast reply :)

Is PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties saved in plain text format?

I don´t know. I don´t think so. I think it is saved in the same format that it comes, = .properties. I can change it to .txt and then it changes appearance.

In step 6: change name of MyFile.zip to MyFile.sh3d - that should be MyFile.sh3f.

This was a typo :) it was supposed to be MyFile.sh3f.

It now works for me. I´m not sure what the problem is, but it has something to do with saving the PluginFurnitureCatolog.properties again OR manipulating the .sh3f file. Probably the latter. .... - Maybe the problem is that I´m using mac OS X and the zip program that comes with it by default changes the file somehow...

So doing what you suggested, but with out copying the file out of the zip file.
My solution was to download a zip program, ( https://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/ ) . This program enabled me to open the zip file with out extracting it. From there I could open the PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file, make changes to it and save it. Then just saving the zip file again and changing the extension to .sh3f.

Then Furniture... import furniture library. :)

The original values do work, and may be the way you want them, but they could be a bit confusing if someone else tried them on a similar door. So I changed doorOrWindowWallThickness# so the frame protrudes on both sides of the wall, and I moved the door swing to inside the doorframe. I also added a full cut-out to avoid an empty frame being filled:

Thanks for cleaning up my file. I was going to do it when I had this working, but much better having it done for me :)

All the best,
Haffi
[Nov 2, 2016, 10:06:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Good, glad it works and thanks for reporting back. Others may struggle with similar issues.
..cleaning up my file. I was going to do it when I had this working,...
Well, it is not difficult, but can involve some trial and error rounds with editing, zipping and importing. ok
[Nov 3, 2016, 7:48:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tarmiricmi

Germany

Hello,
sorry for waking the old thread.
I'm trying to add door swing to the imported door, actually door sash that should be visible in 2D plan. According to this thread posts, I should edit PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file which is zipped into .sh3d file.
However, when I save my imported door as a .sh3d and unzip it, there is no such file. I get one folder named 1 (and inside it files model.mtl. model.obj, and one png and jpeg file), and four files, 0, contentdigests, home and home.xml.
Furniture editor doesn't help in finding PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file.

So what exactly should be edited in order to set properties listed here http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,2006_offset,0#17625 ?

Thanks in advance.
[Jun 20, 2017, 10:02:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

Hi, you need to edit the door properties zipped in a SH3F file - a furniture library created with the Furniture Library editor. Within the SH3F file, you will see a file called PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties with additional model properties to be used by SH3D. Each item has a list of various properties, including optional properties to define the door swing in the 2D plan. The door properties could look something like this (for a double door, note that #1 must be changed according to model):
doorOrWindow#1=true
doorOrWindowCutOutShape#1=M0,0 v1 h1 v-1 z
doorOrWindowSashXAxis#1=10 85
doorOrWindowSashYAxis#1=20 20
doorOrWindowSashWidth#1=35 35
doorOrWindowSashStartAngle#1=270 270
doorOrWindowSashEndAngle#1=275 265
The SVG mini manual has a brief description of the process on pages 9 and 10.

ok
[Jun 20, 2017, 11:47:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

PS Actually, just for the record, it is probably possible to edit these properties in the (new) Home.xml file which is now part of the .sh3d file. Some values, however, are indicated differently: relative / radians. ok
[Jun 20, 2017, 12:22:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tarmiricmi

Germany

Thanks!
[Jun 20, 2017, 6:07:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved