Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3464 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
A few small wishes

Emmanuel,

Ever searching for perfection, I have found a few minor details that could be improved...

1 - When saving a design, almost everything gets saved, including not so obvious things as point of view. One thing that isn't being saved is whether or not the checkbox Add ceiling lights is checked in the Create photo pop-up window.
2 - When importing furniture or textures, the window called Choose model pops up. There's a search field where you can use *.zip or so to find your model. When importing your second model, this search box automatically gets focus, so you can immediately start typing. Unfortunately for the first model, this search box doesn't have focus, so you (or at least I) tend to start typing in a void. It would be nice if the search box had focus from the start.
3 - When opening or saving something, SH3D remembers the last directory. In itself this is good, but there is room for improvement. Maybe it's possible to
- a - add a section in Preferences where you can set default directories for different types of files, so that textures, models, and designs automatically go to, or come from, their own directories
- b - give the program separate "memories" for textures, models, and designs.

In my opinion these additions would make the program even more user friendly.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 6, 2011, 8:47:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: A few small wishes

1 - When saving a design, almost everything gets saved, including not so obvious things as point of view. One thing that isn't being saved is whether or not the checkbox Add ceiling lights is checked in the Create photo pop-up window.
Yes, it's saved. Please double check. sad

2 - When importing furniture or textures, the window called Choose model pops up. There's a search field where you can use *.zip or so to find your model. When importing your second model, this search box automatically gets focus, so you can immediately start typing. Unfortunately for the first model, this search box doesn't have focus, so you (or at least I) tend to start typing in a void. It would be nice if the search box had focus from the start.
I miserably don't have control on the file dialog. This feels like an improvement that should be posted to Oracle Java team.

3 - When opening or saving something, SH3D remembers the last directory. In itself this is good, but there is room for improvement. Maybe it's possible to
- a - add a section in Preferences where you can set default directories for different types of files, so that textures, models, and designs automatically go to, or come from, their own directories
- b - give the program separate "memories" for textures, models, and designs.
Not sure basic users will be so happy with that feature but why not... However, if I'm ok to store these directories in preferences internally, I won't add anything in the preferences dialog itself but these directories will be set from the last user's choice in the file dialogs.
Please fill a feature request so I won't forget.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 6, 2011, 9:33:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: A few small wishes

Saving last directories has been added to version 3.6.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 6, 2012, 5:02:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Re: save directories

thank you!!

i hope it works, waiting (patiently(!)) for this.
click-a-click

macfrog
[Sep 8, 2012, 11:35:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved