Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3463 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
not enough sunlight?

emmanuel, hans,

now after i nearly finished the outer hull of my home, including roof, i came to the conclusion (i mentioned light issues before...) the incoming sunlight is much to dark in most cases. maybe its not "correctly" reflected from walls or whatsoever, but i think a room with lots of glass should look flooded with light at noon.
is the radiosity support somebody brought up a while ago still on the table and would that solve my "problem"?

btw i had to finish the entire house because you said its not possible/wanted to look from top into a room and block sunrays coming in from ceiling without enabling ceilings (and therefore ceiling lights) - as i remember correctly. so now i can actually see proper light conditions.

greets
macfrog
[Jan 23, 2011, 10:32:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: not enough sunlight?

macfrog,

When I make a design, I never depend on sunlight. On the contrary, I prefer to rule it out, and insert light bulbs to get light in my design. The advantage is that I can place the lights where I want, and can change the light quantity as well. Especially with a house as large as yours, sunlight doesn't enter the house far enough.

By the way, nice design.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 23, 2011, 10:37:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

thankx hans for your reply,

but, the question it is: does the render engine use significantly less light than it could ? to keep it simple?
maybe i try to export it and render some shots in Cinema, it's just a matter of free time :(
macfrog
[Jan 25, 2011, 7:49:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

macfrog, light reflection isn't computed in the current version of Sweet Home 3D.
As far as I remember from my tests, managing it took a lot of time to compute and didn't give so good results. Nevertheless, I'll try again and report here my findings.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 26, 2011, 12:07:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Emmanuel,

thanx for your clearification sad
Unfortunately, i just stopped my tries to import an .obj file (which is the only one exported by sh3d) into cinema4d. the resulting scene is far away from being usable as every single sub-object is splitted up into non-hierarchy chaos - (not sorted 4000+ objects for my actual plan). oh, and the materials are lost.
so, to further go with this i would have to separate every single object and save it - e.g. group some walls and save it etc.. but this is gonna take alot of time....
i think wavefront obj is not in every case the best export format (i can open it in aoi but export ends in another one way road.).
next, i give blender a shot (gotta download it yet.)
so there is hope, isn't it biggrin ?
[Jan 26, 2011, 9:03:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Emmanuel,

maybe this analysis will help you a little bit (if you didn't know it already)?
It gives a pretty good comparision for the different Global Illumination options Sunflow supports.

link

greetz
macfrog

FORGOT THE LINK LASTTIME sad
[Feb 13, 2011, 1:09:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved