Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3287 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Feature "Replace with..."

Hello,

I just realised, i would like to have a button/context menu entry with the functionality of

select one object-> choose "Replace with obj...(but keep properties!)".

so, i have a box (place holder), with given dimensions, position and texture (the properties) and want to replace this box with, lets say, a table.

That's where my asked feature jumps in.

Could be useful for fast layouting, or changing wall cabinets without repositioning and so on.

What do you guys think?

macfrog
[May 8, 2011, 7:29:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Re: Feature "Replace with..."

Well,
i see nobody really seems to understand/need the proposed feature, here's another example:

you created a scene with a nice looking lounge with a view looking out of the giant glass door to the garden. you want to setup the perfect spot to render and therefore you got to perfom a lot of test renders before you get it. now it happens your project contains many tree objects which slows down photo creation heavily.

so, with the feature i mentioned you only have to create some boxes with the dimensions of the real trees and your editing and spot-searching will be a lot faster until you finally can replace those boxes with any tree object in a second.
how about that?

I did mentioned the instant change of lets say, kitchen furniture, didn't i?

At least let me know about your doubts.

macfrog
[Jun 26, 2011, 8:45:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Macfrog,

Like you, I would love to see a Replace feature. Maybe someone can program it as a plug-in? It would definitely save time when you want to do a what-if comparison, e.g. to see which of two different chairs would look nicer in a restaurant.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jun 26, 2011, 10:45:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry it's not possible to program such a feature in a plug-in with the current version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 27, 2011, 11:30:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina

In deed, if I remove a HomePieceOfFurniture from the Home, create a new one with the removed dimensions and coordinates (and maybe some other properties), and then add it to the Home (I can get the current Home from a Plugin, then get the selected items, remove and add) the rest would be a UI to choose from say, the catalog.
[Jun 28, 2011, 9:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Emmanuel,

there is -of course- the already existant copy/paste functionality. what if you just have to select a new object and paste the object from the clipboard "onto" the selected object, but keeping the required properties from the selected (and soon to be replaced) object just to re-apply them after pasting?
could that be done? (from your pov?)
macfrog
[Jul 2, 2011, 8:30:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved