Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10343 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
wrosun

Nepal
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Semicircular Kitchen Table

Cannot upload to 3d model contribution page!!

Download From Here

[Note from moderator: removed download link, because wrosun assembled some models that Google Warehouse Terms of Service doesn't allow to redistribute]
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at May 13, 2011, 8:05:41 AM]
[May 8, 2011, 8:24:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Semicircular Kitchen Table

Nice contribution, but I think the 3D model tracker doesn't accept files bigger than 500 KB, and on my side, I wouldn't distribute a 6MB model file on sweethome3d.com (bandwidth is not infinite!).
If you're the author of the objects on the table, I could extract them or you can submit them one by one.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 9, 2011, 6:04:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

the objects on the table are not mine they were downloaded.
i shall try and see what will the size be if i remove all the objects from the table then try uploading it.
[May 9, 2011, 8:10:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

simpler version (DOWNLOAD only 2.6mb)
[May 9, 2011, 8:28:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

but I think the 3D model tracker doesn't accept files bigger than 500 KB

BUT when i try to upload files it gives the warning
Uploaded file must be no larger than 256k.

i think its quiet less for making contributions.Dont you think at least 500k should be availabe??
[May 9, 2011, 8:44:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I can't control the size of attachements on SourceForge.net, but I told them it would be nice to have a bigger size.
Nevertheless, I think that 256 KB is already a good size for the models you want to submit. Please try to limit the resolution of textures and the number of faces of your 3D models.
[May 9, 2011, 9:32:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

got that! but there is a file i think its about 262k and i cant upload that also..i was only talking about some exceptions like those...
[May 10, 2011, 4:14:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Post the ones that are smaller than 256 kB and send the others to me.
By the way, which software did you use to create them?
[May 11, 2011, 8:17:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wrosun

Nepal

our OWN sweet home 3D.
I will send them to you as soon as possible.
[May 13, 2011, 3:00:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

wrosun, sorry I won't be able to accept the individual objects because I suspect you're not the author of some of them: the cooker comes from Google Warehouse, and so does the knives holder. sad
Please, understand that assembling copyrighted models doesn't give you the right to redistribute them unless you have the direct authorization of their authors.

It's not the first time that I explain you that you can't redistribute anything found on the Internet, even if it's free. You have to check if it's redistributable first, or get the authorization of their authors (and show you obtained it). The section 11.4 of Google Warehouse Terms of Service clearly states that you "may not [...] aggregate Content obtained from Google Services for redistribution".
On my side, when I added the Reallusion human models in Sweet Home 3D models, I asked them first the authorization to redistribute the models they already posted in Google Warehouse.
I can understand that this way of doing is boring and a waste of time, but it's the ONLY way to do. Copyrights, terms of service, licenses are boring to read but you should read them and understand what they mean, before considering distributing materials created by others, or even material you created yourself.

I hope you'll understand my point of view, and act accordingly in the future (at least in this forum). smile
[May 13, 2011, 8:03:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved