Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1855 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
grouping changes visibility?

hello,
when i group some furniture/groups of furniture the visibility is always set, even if some of those objects are meant to be not visible.

feature, bug or human error ?
macfrog
[Aug 14, 2011, 7:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: grouping changes visibility?

feature, bug or human error ?
As far as I can remember, I would say "feature", except that if you group only invisible furniture the group will be invisible.
But depending on how you use visibility, maybe I was wrong...
Give me a good use case, and I'll see if it's worth it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 16, 2011, 9:38:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Re: grouping changes visibility?

Emmanuel,

here's one little example what i do:

i got a kitchen layout, the furnuture is grouped together by their purpose, so, in this case a table with some chairs.

most of the times the 2 selected chairs remain invisible, but, to keep the table at a good size, i make these 2 chairs visible while resizing the table.
but to move the entire combination around, it's better to group it - including the 2 invisible chairs.

pic:

another example:

you have a set of wine glasses and bottles on a table. you can move them around or to another table or whatsoever, and you have some invisble items in this group (rendering time!).

things like that.

the main problem is (for me):

i always group all the furniture hierarchicaly together (per type/room etc.). so i can make them invisible in an instant to e.g. print a plan without anything but walls in the specific room.
to make it short: imho a group of furniture should not change the visibility of the childs.

macfrog
[Aug 16, 2011, 7:57:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved