Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2415 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
keep/save textures from imported file

i need to "keep" the texture of an imported file.

i work with different computers on the same project.
when i change/add a texture, i will have to transfer some /eteks/ folder entirely to another computer.

how about a dialog asking the user, importing additional textures (delivered by the imported file) to the local library of sh3d?

if possible, get rid of converting everything to jpg, it really sucks...

macfrog
[Aug 14, 2011, 8:50:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: keep/save textures from imported file

Maybe, I could create a plug-in able to import/export preferences, furniture and textures imported in catalog. Is it what you look for?
Or do you prefer I create a "portable" version (I don't like this name since it's confusing with the fact that Sweet Home 3D can run on different systems) able to run on a USB key for example?

get rid of converting everything to jpg, it really sucks...
Everything is converted to PNG since version 3.3. Please update your version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 16, 2011, 10:03:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Re: keep/save textures from imported file

Yes, maybe. I don't know how much work this would be. it's not that important, just a little bit annoying.
a portable version is also a nice idea. maybe we should vote tongue

just for interest:
does sh3d actually "know" if a loaded file has a texture already present in the local texture library? or have all textures internal only randomized ids?

macfrog
[Aug 16, 2011, 8:20:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved