Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 52
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 145406 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sweet Home 3D 3.4

Hi,

The version 3.4 of Sweet Home 3D is on the tracks.
As always, the Beta version is available as a Java Web Start application.

I don't know yet what features this version will contain. At this time it contains the two following new features:
- auto completion in the name text fields displayed in furniture, room and label dialogs (suggested words comes from previous entered texts and are saved in preferences, plus some default room names are available),
- support for fine model orientation during the second step of furniture importation: when pressing the orientation arrow buttons with the shift key down, the model angle changes 1° by 1°, instead of 90°. You can keep the button pressed to increase/decrease the rotation value continuously and I added an "Identity" button in the center of the arrows to reset the orientation to its default value.

Caution: imported models with an orientation angle different from a multiple of 90° won't be correctly displayed with previous versions of Sweet Home 3D. So backup your home files if you continue to use Sweet Home 3D 3.3 at the same time as this Beta.

Hope you'll like it smile

[Note from developer: Sweet Home 3D 3.4 was released on December 20, 2011]
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Dec 21, 2011, 1:57:57 AM]
[Sep 5, 2011, 5:51:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.4

Emmanuel,

Thank you for implementing the old wish of fine rotation during import :-)
My first try shows me that rotation happens in 1% increments, not in 1° increments, because with 25 clicks a model turns 90 degrees.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Sep 5, 2011, 6:02:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you Hans for you feedback.

I'm sure the step is 1° wink
But maybe the autorepeat effect when pressing on the arrow buttons should start later. I'll try to increase the delay and see how it behaves.
[Sep 5, 2011, 6:19:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I changed the initial delay before the automatic increase/decrease starts to repeat itself. Hope you'll prefer it that way.
[Sep 5, 2011, 7:50:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

Thank you. Now I have to click 90 times to rotate an object 90 degrees.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Sep 5, 2011, 8:27:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today's update allows to read OBJ files that contain \ line separator characters in v vn vt l f lines. This allows to read some models of http://www.flyingarchitecture.com/.
Thank you to makouillex for reporting this issue. smile
[Sep 6, 2011, 9:19:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

And now it works :-)
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Sep 6, 2011, 9:31:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And... finally... here's the great feature awaited for years: multiple levels management smile
Hope you'll like this first beta version which contains the following features:
- New Plan > Create level / Modify level / Delete level menu items to support multiple levels with possible intermediate levels,
- Made floors and ceilings transparent with the same factor used for walls,
- Improved magnetism of walls during drawing,
- Fixed minimum sizes change during importation avoiding to loose proportions.

This system doesn't support negative levels (below the ground level) yet, and I foresee to add menu items to choose between assembled levels and currently selected level in the 3D view.
I sincerely hope you'll find it easy enough to use. I'll update help later and will try to post a few examples.
[Oct 28, 2011, 2:07:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Emmanuel,

First of all THANK YOU very much for the new beta. Long awaited by many, you've done a superb job.

I've not yet had the chance to do elaborate testing, but I found a few bugs.
- When I click the link in your post, Firefox 7.0.1 opens a new tab. That's all. I can click the link again, and a new tab opens again. "Ad infinitum". Is it Ubuntu 11.10? However, when I click the 3.4 b4 link on my desktop, SH3D opens with b5.
- When I draw a few walls, I cannot copy them using CTRL-C + CTL-V.
- ESC doesn't end the drawing of walls.
- It's not possible to drag an object into the 2D window. Add to home works OK.
- When I move a wall, I cannot Undo that action.
- When I draw a simple house with two floors (= two layers), and then use Modify layer to increase the thickness of the ceiling and decrease the height of the walls of the top layer, there is a "strange" overlap visible in the walls, that corresponds with the decrease of wall height. This can be seen in aerial view and virtual visitor, and resembles the effect when you have two overlapping walls.
- The compass has moved to the "old" position of 0,0.
- When inserting furniture, no handles appear to rotate or change height.
- When level 1 is active, it's still possible to delete furniture on level 0.

Hans

Post 09:00 hrs
Edit 15:30 hrs, 16:45 hrs
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Edit 5 times, last edit by hansmex at Oct 28, 2011, 3:47:45 PM]
[Oct 28, 2011, 7:59:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you for your feedback.
Sounds like there are some problems with Ubuntu 11.10. I just tried under Ubuntu 11.04 and didn't noticed the problems you reported about shorcuts, drag & drop and furniture handles. Can you check everything works when you use menu items?

When I draw a simple house with two floors (= two layers), and then use Modify layer to increase the thickness of the ceiling and decrease the height of the walls of the top layer, there is a "strange" overlap visible in the walls, that corresponds with the decrease of wall height.
You should decrease the height of the lower level walls also. Wall heights are independent from level height. This has some drawbacks like the one you reported but lets you also completely free to manage walls the way you want, something required to manage intermediate levels. Level height is actually only used to compute ceilings.

The compass has moved to the "old" position of 0,0.
I guess you edited an old document. On a new document, the location is at the same place.

When level 1 is active, it's still possible to delete furniture on level 0.
I couldn't reproduce this bug, except if the selected piece is high enough to appear on a higher level, in which case I found normal to be able to select it and delete it.
[Oct 28, 2011, 7:17:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved