Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8208 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
baurat

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Simple keyboard shortcuts

I think it would be very effective to use "single key shortcuts" for the key features, for example...

- select: "s"
- draw wall "w"
- create room "r"
- dimension tool "d"
- move "m"
- zoom in numpad "+"
- zoom out numpad "-"
- text "t"

This would allow to switch between the modes with one single key, instead of hitting ctrl + shift + key.
[Jan 15, 2012, 5:10:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Simple keyboard shortcuts

I won't program this kind of shortcuts, because it would forbid to edit text directly in the plan view if ever this feature happens one day.
By the way, I would prefer to propose ctrl -/+ for zoom shortcuts under Windows, but I didn't find how to make it work with Java under this OS.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 15, 2012, 5:35:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baurat

Germany

The user interfaces of many (many...) popular programs support this idea (I think all graphic/photo editors like Photoshop, Gimp...), so I think it can not be wrong.
I don't know exactly what you mean by "edit text directly in the plan view" - but the "normal" way would be to
1) set the mode (draw, edit, select...) and then
2) click on the desired item
.. so this should not interfere with the single-key shortcuts..?

And besides that, from a practical view: I have to switch between the "basic" modes far more often then I have to edit texts or any other objects, so, in my view, the basic modes should get the "simple" shortcuts and all the others get additional (more "complicated") shortcuts (like crtl+shift+...).

Maybe this can change your mind...? ;-)
[Jan 15, 2012, 5:45:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

The thing that I agree with is to add a shortcut key editor in preferences in a future release, so you can choose your own shortcuts (probably with a Ctrl key).
And sorry if many shortcuts use more than two keys, but from this list of shortcuts I try to respect, I didn't have much choice. sad
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 15, 2012, 6:19:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved