Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 27
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29439 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
pial

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Change center-position in 3D aerial mode

You're right Ivedin. That's why so many users come up against that zoom limit :
it is for sure the biggest drawback of the so useful aerial view mode.
Can we hope an improvement (or an answer at least) on that particular point ?
----------------------------------------
----------------------
Pierre
[Feb 10, 2012, 3:15:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

To add my tiny opinion here,
i would be glad if there is a way to "straighten" the angles; e.g. to make to aerial view _exactly_ 90 degrees and not alittle bit kindof 89,221 or something else.
i would like a "center" button, really. i need my walls mostly aligned to other pictures of a similar project. this is impossible, especialy at higher resolutions every "misplaced" walls are terrible.
greetz
macfrog
[Feb 12, 2012, 7:50:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

A partial solution to the 3D view limitations is to center the camera onto a mass center of selected objects. It is quite easy to implement. For those who are interested I give a link to a movie where such mechanism is implemented, have a look around 2:30 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I98AJZO7fJ0

The Wuteh 3d Studio tool from the movies is based on a modification license of SH3D.
[Sep 5, 2012, 7:13:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
speed777777

south africa

HELLO, just stumbled upon this, shall i call it a fiasco, people having a go at the developer of something that they get for NOTHING, my opinion is if this program which is FREE does not satisfy you, theres always LUMION for only 3 thousand pounds, i am willing to bet my life that it will satisfy all your needs. just my very tiny opinion. shaun
[Sep 26, 2012, 4:34:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Shaun, this is just a wishlist. And like any wish, discussing about it doesn't mean it will happen. wink
Anyway the idea of Sajmmon seems interesting and there are some good chances that a new Aerial view centered on selection preference will appear in next version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 26, 2012, 6:42:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
szymi

Poland

Hello.

My apologies for posting on an old thread, but I found a simple way of changing the center of 3D view. I know there is now an "official" way of doing it described in the FAQ section, but changing the center by selection gets a little anoying when you want to move furniture around and at the same time to see your changes in aerial mode. My way of changing the center is to create a large room around the home (catching some area around it as well). The room may be square or rectangular, depending on what results you want to get. Make sure the floor is not visible. The center of the room is the center of your aerial view. You can move the room around to move the center. The room can be placed on an extra level below level 1 so that it does not get in your way when moving furniture around. Hope this tip will be useful to someone.

Szymon
[Apr 3, 2014, 3:49:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
okh
Advanced Member

A good workaround and a sensible point :-) (even with the implemented centre on selection)... ok
[Apr 3, 2014, 10:07:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved