Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 27
Posts: 27   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 29539 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Change center-position in 3D aerial mode

Lennart,

Have you tried the function 3D view --> Store point of view ?
This allows you to set up a large number of "camera viewpoints" and store them in a list. You can then easily switch from one viewpoint to the next.

Example:
- make 4 viewpoints from a distance, say North, West, South, East from a high point of view
- make the same viewpoints from a low point of view
- make the same viewpoints as close-ups from the interior of your design
- etc

This could be far more flexible than changing your viewpoints with the Aerial View.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 25, 2012, 8:00:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lvedin

Yes I did have tried the Store point of view, and I considered it is useful and more flexible yes, but can not replace the aerial mode due to two reasons.
1. The way I view objects is not only as static pictures, it is the actual dynamic movement in aerial mode that give a deep 3D picture, i.e. small or large movements during viewing the object, same method birds use since they have only one eye each direction.
2. The Store point of view would require quite a lot picture to setup a hole house with garden, and even if more free to chose angle etc etc I have consider it should take too much time to setup, to handle and specific to be updated, compared that the aerial mode give better dynamic control, unlimited number of angles, and still is usable also as it is.
[Jan 26, 2012, 2:06:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pial

France

you can not zoom close. My work around for this is I limit object in my garden to be close to the house.

Ivedin, I have exactly the same problem, and if we look in the forum it seems that many other people also have that problem.

Sorry to insist guys, but don't hope any change to the Aerial view mode in the coming versions.

Very short answer, don't you think ? Better than no anser at all anyway.
Why do you refuse to consider that issue ?
Why don't you give us any reason of a so rigid position ?

As people post in this "wislist" topic, they're trying to contribute to the improvment of your software. Why don't you show a little bit more consideration for their efforts ?
They are your open source ! wink

No bad temper here. Just the free words of a big fan of your work.
----------------------
Pierre
[Jan 26, 2012, 2:07:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baurat

Germany

Maybe pial, Ivedin and myself are the only ones that think this way? I agree 100% to your explanations (elevated virtual visitor is nice but definitely not as useful as aerial view is).

No bad temper here. Just the free words of a big fan of your work.

RIGHT! And why not making a good software even better...? ;)
[Feb 6, 2012, 5:22:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

No, you're not the only ones... smile
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 6, 2012, 5:26:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pial

France

Thanks for your testimony, hansmex !
I'm also pretty sure that many of us are concerned by the issue.

Emmanuel, if there is no way to fix it, why not tell us ?
I posted this message 2 weeks ago, and no news from you.
I know your very busy, and I know you're the only one who decides what's worth considering or not. I'm ok with that, but....
Someone recently complained about arrogance in this forum and I have to say I didn't see why at first.
But know, I see in your attitude a bit of contempt and it's regrettable. And, to be sincere, that's not the first time.
Sorry.
Looking forward to hearing from you !
----------------------
Pierre
[Feb 7, 2012, 5:37:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Someone recently complained about arrogance in this forum and I have to say I didn't see why at first.
But know, I see in your attitude a bit of contempt and it's regrettable. And, to be sincere, that's not the first time.
Please don't play that bad game with me. You should be ashamed of using the word arrogance here, in the current French political context. sad
Some time ago, some forum users didn't understand the ironic tone of some of my messages, and I stopped posting ironic messages since that time, even when I had to answer many times the same thing to the same question. By the way, you can't say I didn't listen to your requests in the past!

But if you want me to answer a third time the same thing in the same thread, here it is:
I'm just convinced that the aerial view mode is easy for beginners and I don't want to make it more complex by adding the ability to move the center of rotation. I could add an other 3D centered mode, but I feel it would just add confusion in a program targeted to a general audience. And yes, it can't be programmed in one hour if you want to add this feature correctly.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 7, 2012, 6:19:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MiraSlunicko

Czech republic

Would it be a big problem to enhance the Virtual visit the followning way ?

- alowing to change (mainly widen) the focal distance of the camera - sometimes it is difficult to get far enough from an object to see enough part of the scene, specifically if you are an a narrow space

- keep the stored points of view between sessions - in other words store them in the sh3d file

- on a virtual visitor - better graphically diferentiate azimut / slant icons - instead of use circle with an arrow for the both

- support a mouse wheel when the virtual visitor get focus - e.g. wheel=azimut change, wheel + right button = elevation

- Display the true elevation of the virtual visitor above the floor of the virtual visitor

- Allow to automatically change the virtual visitor elevation acording to the selected level (follow the level displayed)

Thanks

Mirek
[Feb 8, 2012, 9:32:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pial

France

Emmanuel,
Yes you're right, sometimes you answer very quickly, but sometimes you just don't. That's a fact and I don't want to play any bad game with you. Peace !
(By the way, if you read me carefully, you'll see that I never used the word "arrogance".)

Anyway, thank you very much to react this time.

I'm just convinced that the aerial view mode is easy for beginners and I don't want to make it more complex by adding the ability to move the center of rotation.

We agree 100%, aerial view is centered and it's ok as it is, but that's not the point. Most of us in this thread are complaining about zooming limit. Could you please tell us if that issue could be improved ? That would be a really great improvement.

Thank you for your patience. And cheers again for sharing that great software ! We love you, really ! love struck
----------------------
Pierre
[Feb 8, 2012, 3:11:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lvedin

1. If just reduce the zoom-limit, it would make the program much more useful even if not add moving center of rotating point.

2. The programmer's option is not only to modify the current aerial mode or add a new mode. Cause' Emmanuel has a good point to not confuse first time users. First time users may spend 3 minutes to evaluate a program, if any confusing he/she go to next available program. However preference page (or even Preference->Advanced) in menu is the option to open limitation in the current aerial mode, and leave the current default mode as it is.

I see Sweet Home 3D has a lot of outstanding solutions for various design, while the preference page is tiny. As we see users preferences are different, and many time one may not understand other peoples reason to preferences, but thy exist.
[Feb 9, 2012, 8:03:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 27   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved