Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10053 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
Psuitsi

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Plugin trouble

Hi!
Installed Sweet Home 3D 3.4 yesterday and started testing. Downloaded these plugins: RotateHome, AdvancedEditing and calculateWalls. Installed them by doubleclicking, no problems. I can see them in correct folder (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins), but only one that actually works is RotateHome. I can't see Tools-menu in SH3D nor Edit/Rotate (AdvancedEditing) and so on...Plan->Rotate clockwise/counterclockwise works just fine.
I'm baffled. Any ideas? (Running SH3D with Win7-64bit) confused
[Jan 19, 2012, 4:53:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Plugin trouble

Plug-in menu items can be placed in a menu different from Tools. See the plug-in manual.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 19, 2012, 9:09:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Psuitsi

I have read the plug-in manual few times, but still don't get it. I've checked every menu (in top bar of SH3D), but there's no "Compute walls' area"-option (which is the plugin I'd really like to have). I just tested Sweet Home at work, with older XP-machine and Java Web Start, and it works here just fine. For example, there's now "Tools"-menu between "3D view" and "Help" (after manually moving the plugin to the plugin folder).
At home, I tried re-installing SH3D/plugins, but still no go. Well, I guess it's a bug, but just in my machine. I can live without (those) plugins (SH3D itself works great and is nice addition to my 3D-arsenal), but sure would be nice to know what's the problem. sad
[Jan 20, 2012, 6:48:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

Hi,
you may try to run SweetHome from a command line and if there are any problems with loading the plugin you should get a proper message.

The executable jar can be obtained from:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp
[Jan 20, 2012, 3:13:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Psuitsi

Uninstalled SH3D again (used regedit to remove every sh3d-key). Made plugins-folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins) and copied .sh3p files there. Tried .jar-version. No errors, SH3D runs fine, but only the RotateHome-plugin shows up in menu.
Then removed the eTeks-folder and tried again the installer version. Added same plugins by double clicking and SH3D gives the same message for each plugin (as always): "Plug-in was successfully imported. Its features..." and so on, but after restarting SH3D, no AdvancedEditing or calculateWalls.

I give up. Perhaps future versions (of SH3D or those plugins) will work with my configuration, but not the current ones... crying
[Jan 22, 2012, 5:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry, if you didn't succeed. I just tried the 3 plugins you tried to import and it worked.
I noticed a strange behavior though: when I double-clicked on a plug-in file, Windows ran a new instance of Sweet Home 3D instead of reusing the existing one. Maybe it's due to various versions of Sweet Home 3D installed on my computer, but made me think that it the installation of a plug-in seemed to fail, you should double check that you really quitted Sweet Home 3D meanwhile in Windows Task manager.
[Jan 22, 2012, 6:43:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
socrate_54

France

I am on w10
Sweet Home 3D ® Version 5.2a
all the plugin are in
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D\plugins
AdvancedEditing
AdvancedSettings_PhotoRendering-1.3
CreatePhotoWithRenderer-1.2

are not in the plug-in list.
[Jul 30, 2016, 10:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Just to be sure: you didn't store the plugins in C:\Users\User but in the folder of your user name, right? What happens when you double click on sh3p files?
[Jul 31, 2016, 10:53:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
socrate_54

France

yes user is replace by my username
when i double click on sh3p files sh3d open a session and then a pop up said that the plugin is ready on the next sh3d opening
[Aug 1, 2016, 7:07:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
socrate_54

France

i deinstall 5.2a and instal5.3 rev6 it is the same
[Aug 1, 2016, 7:09:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved