Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6934 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
paupau

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.4

Thanks for the new version with multiple level feature! Great work!

I've made 3 level house, but the virtual visitor always view level 1, even the selected level is level 2 or 3.
I need to manually add the visitor elevation every time I want to see different level.
Is it possible to automatically add the visitor elevation based on the selected level? For example I set the eyes elevation to: 1.8m, when I'm virtual visit level 2, the eyes elevation automatically is set to 1.8m + the level elevation, in my case 4.25m, or when visit level 3, the eyes elevation = eyes elevation + level 3 elevation.
Visitor eyes elevation = 1.8m
When I virtual visit level 1, eyes elevation = 1.8m (1.8m+0m)
When I virtual visit level 2, eyes elevation = 6.05m (1.8m+4.25m)
When I virtual visit level 3, eyes elevation = 9.6m (1.8m+7.8m)

PS: not sure where should I mention about this, if this post should not belong here, pls move it to appropriate forum.

Thanks.
[Jan 22, 2012, 4:31:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.4

Paul,

Maybe you're looking for 3D view --> Store point of view and its sister command 3D view --> Go to point of view...?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 22, 2012, 7:00:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Moving virtual visitor when changing level

Is it possible to automatically add the visitor elevation based on the selected level?
I wondered the same thing before releasing the new version. But it depends on how you use the level feature and the eyes elevation you chose. Maybe an additional Adjust visitor height when changing level option in the 3D modification pane (or in the future dialog that will allow to edit virtual visitor location and angle) would be nice?

PS: not sure where should I mention about this, if this post should not belong here, pls move it to appropriate forum.
Done wink
The best would even be in feature requests tracker.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 22, 2012, 9:16:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
paupau

@Hans, thanks, that's quite helpful, at least if automatic adjust eyes elevation is not supported, I can live with this store point of view :)

@Puybaret, "Adjust visitor eyes elevation when changing level" would be great! :) (this option is the same thing like what I request isn't it?)
And thanks for moving this post to appropriate place :)
[Jan 22, 2012, 10:06:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

this option is the same thing like what I request isn't it?
Yes, but the user could disable or enable it according to his needs.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 22, 2012, 10:11:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
paupau

Great!
For now I can use store point of view :)

Also another thing, still related to 3d view.
When in Aerial View, the center is always on the 1st level.
I made 3 levels, and it's always view the first one as the center.
It's difficult for me to view the 3rd level.
For 3 level still viewable, if someone made 10 level, I don't think aerial view can see the top level anymore.
[Jan 22, 2012, 10:27:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved