Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22164 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
linux4ever

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
My SweetHome3D house

Hey people,

I've been working on a house project in the past 6 months or so changing it, so it fits the future needs. It has most of the things a house has.

Main floor:
- main hallway
- 1 living
- 1 kitchen+eating area
- 2 bedrooms
- 3 closets
- 1 work area
- 2 bathrooms
- 1 cleaning closet
- 1 kitchen closet
- 1 washing area
- 1 car garage
- 1 small room for gas heating

Basement:
- main hallway
- 2 storage closets
- 1 spare room that can be a bedroom
- 2 other small rooms for work
- 1 storage basement

This is main level:

This is the basement:

I could not accomplish some things like making a triangular wall and some other things like cuts in the kitchen wall, but I put a door and scaled it, so it looks like the cut. Anyway, SeetHome3D has been a great software so far. Easy to use and free.

I would like more features implemented, so I can get the roof built and integrate the software into sattelite imagery, but these will probably come in the future.

Here is the sh3d file:

.SH3D file

Hope you like it!
[Feb 6, 2012, 8:42:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: My SweetHome3D house

Thank you for sharing your nice project ! I'm happy to see that multi levels feature is useful for some of you. smile
Note that you can choose a negative elevation in the level modification panel.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 6, 2012, 8:59:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
linux4ever

I don't know to do a lot of things, but from my perspective, things are almost functional. I would still want to crate a triangular wall and an angle ceiling. Not sure if this can be easily implemented. And the roof thing of course. I've seen lots of people doing roofs here, but I have no clue how to do them... It's not very obvious.

The project is not perfect, but it makes things in real life do-able for sure. 5 years down the road, this house will become reality. I'm just stuck with some other things right now.
[Feb 6, 2012, 9:06:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

linux4ever,
really impressive! Thanx for sharing your results!

For your wall cutout you can use the "invisible box". Angle ceiling is rather easy if you make sure not to "twist" the room, e.g. parallel sloping walls has to be the same.
For this and a lot more (like roofs) there is a tutorial to download. You might find it very useful i believe.

macfrog
[Feb 19, 2012, 10:42:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
linux4ever

Hi again,

I've been poking around with the roof thing and I also adjusted the hallways, modified the floor layout and so on... I am now able to get the roof on and the project is in final stage. You can check out the pics in this link:

http://www.blackpenguin.org/blog/post.php?idpost=13

I will give you a link to the updated SH3D file, but I just did not have the time to put it out there. Thanks!
[Mar 17, 2012, 9:31:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
linux4ever

Here's an updated version of the house. Elevated ceilings, modified hallways, adjusted basement, electrical outlets and plugs, roof, solar instalation and so on...

http://www.blackpenguin.org/final.sh3d

I think these would be the final touch-ups...unless the software upgrades, then I will put more in.
[Apr 28, 2012, 2:28:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Very nice work! And a real example of a way to use levels as layers. smile
May I suggest you save your file with File > Save and compress menu item before sharing it, this would greatly reduce the size of the file to download.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 29, 2012, 11:27:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
linux4ever

I compressed it and relocated the file. And you're right - it reduced the size from 27MB to about 8MB...

Here's the compressed project:

http://www.blackpenguin.org/sweethome3d/final.sh3d
[Apr 29, 2012, 1:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
linux4ever

Anyway Emmanuel, you can use this file to share it as an example for SweetHome3D on the web site if you want... It might be useful for people to see bigger projects and play before they start their own. I might have mistakes here and there, but it's a good start to follow.

Thanks!
[Apr 29, 2012, 1:41:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
linux4ever

I updated the house plans to a new topic:
http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,4262

As I mentioned before, Emmanuel, you can use the sh3d file in the new topic as an example if you want it. Thanks.
[Jul 9, 2013, 10:09:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved