Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 12
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13506 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
rohitverma

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
transparent vertical and horizontal glass square

Hi,

Can someone create a model for a transparent see through square which is transparent through any object including walls , doors also.

e.g: Five pane window in (doors and windows category) without the frames..just glass part of it....if we have a wall of thickness 5 and place five pane window on it with depth 8 ...we are able to see objects behind wall through the window

The idea is that we should be able to see objects behind it transparently.

There should be 2 models created
1) horizontal (0 height)
2) vertical (0 depth)

somebody please reply

thanks in advance
[Feb 15, 2012, 11:57:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: transparent vertical and horizontal glass square

Would a transparent box help?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 15, 2012, 12:59:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rohitverma

ya that will more than do..thanks...
[Feb 17, 2012, 3:25:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adlerhn

Europe

A transparent box will create holes in walls; good.

However, for some reason, it does not create holes in the ceiling (at least not box_invisible.zip).
[Jul 7, 2016, 3:23:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

It will if you import it again, marking it as "Stairs" during import.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 7, 2016, 6:30:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
adlerhn

Europe

Great trick!
[Jul 7, 2016, 9:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
4Tom

germany

Hallo to all, Hallo hansmex.

I created a roof with the 3D-Generator you recommended (great tool for landscaping)

Now I wanted to add a roof-window to it.

As the 'box invisible' and the 'box transparent glass' do not create holes in objects, I would need an effect that makes objects invisible. Next difficulty would then be, to not affect the window but only the roof.

The easiest way to get the same result would be a function that many grafical tools provide: Mask & Sizzors/Cut/Delete
(Create a mask in the size of the window and erase part of the object[roof])

Any Suggestions?
[Jan 12, 2019, 10:18:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

I suggest also the solution explained in this tip.
[Jan 12, 2019, 10:37:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
4Tom

germany

Hi VeroniQ,

I already read your blog, excellent work! Thank you !

But it's not quit solving my problem.

I want to have the model as true as posible, so I have an .obj of the OEM manufacturer VELUX, that cannot be 'mount' to a vertical wall. Must be angled.

Besides I already designed the roof (very complex) with the 3D generator, meaning I had to design it your way all over again.

Is there really no way to cut objects, or to at least make them invisible partially?
[Jan 13, 2019, 11:34:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Without seeing the shape of your roof its hard to be certain, but it does sound like you need to use a wall, set its width and height to suit, then position ANY window with the dimensions matching your velux, export > import, set its angle, make the window invisible and then position your velux. You may need a couple of attempts at the wall height as this shortens as you angle it.
Good Luck

Mike
[Jan 13, 2019, 2:01:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved