Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3462 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
kolar.jan

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Doors depth

Hello,

can you please advise with the following problem?

I have magnetism turned on in the preferences and when I add from the standard catalogue the "Open door" with a width 900 mm to a wall with a thickness 100 mm the depth of the door automatically changes to 906.669 mm - which could be acceptable (6.7 mm difference). But when I do the same to a wall that has thickness 250 mm the depth of the door chanes to 2266.669 mm which is totally off.

Then in the 3D overview the opened door stretches way too much into the room.

Please advise.

Jan Kolar
[Feb 16, 2012, 2:04:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Doors depth

Jan,

This is a known problem. There is an easy solution:
1 - Locate a hatch and give it the dimensions (only width and height) of your door.
2 - Insert the hatch in your wall using the mouse. It will adapt to the thickness of your wall and create an opening.
3 - Give your door the desired dimensions.
4 - Now slide the door in your hatch, using the arrow keys on your keyboard. This will prevent the door from adapting to the wall.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 16, 2012, 3:23:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved