Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2957 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
John37

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rendering problems in 3d pane, menu bar and tool bar

Just started using Sweet Home 3D version 3.4. Looks great but it doesn't render properly on my system. The 3d pane appears anywhere and is unstable. Also the menu and tool bars often disappear, although they sometimes reappear incrementally if I pass the mouse over where they should be.

My setup is Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with 3 GB RAM, Intel graphics accelerator, Vista SP2, Java 6 update 31.

Grateful for advice how to get SH3D working properly.

John
[Mar 10, 2012, 10:55:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
John37

United Kingdom
Re: Rendering problems in 3d pane, menu bar and tool bar

It's me again. These links show the problem clearly.

http://www.meditateinlondon.org.uk/test/rendering-problems-1.bmp.
http://www.meditateinlondon.org.uk/test/rendering-problems-2.bmp.

Please can anyone help?
[Mar 11, 2012, 12:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This issue is generally due to a problem in the video card driver. Could try the solutions proposed in the FAQ please?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 11, 2012, 2:45:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
John37

United Kingdom

Yes, it was a graphics driver problem. Updated to the latest version from Intel's website and SH3D works fine, very impressive even on my simple laptop. Thank you very much.

What I need to do now is find out how to create a bedroom with partial flat ceiling and partial sloping ceiling (under the pitched roof) intersected by a dormer window. I want to visualise the effect of reducing the height of the flat ceiling part of the bedroom to give more headroom in the attic/loft space above - it's a tradeoff. Any ideas, please, for creating the bedroom and visualising it with different flat ceiling heights? (sorry this should probably be a new thread)
[Mar 11, 2012, 8:31:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

John,

Read this tutorial (PDF), it gives examples for both your problems.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 11, 2012, 10:42:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved