Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3336 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Carina2011

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
problem with import and texture problem

i have the problem when i import a texture( so they must look)

and so it looks when i import this

I can select the file from the importer but what the problem is that the model textures are not loaded anyway ...

Now my question ... How do I get the point that the textures to be loaded when importing into SweetHome3D? I can select the file from the importer but what the problem is that the model textures are not loaded anyway .
[Mar 29, 2012, 3:38:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: problem with import and texture problem

Wat kind of file is it ? Dae, obj, 3ds, zip?

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 29, 2012, 4:12:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Carina2011

Both in obj and 3ds
[Mar 29, 2012, 4:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If both the 3DS and the OBJ file show the model without its textures, than most probably the models aren't included in the download. There are a few sites that offer free models without textures.
If you downloaded an OBJ file, check if there is also a MTL file for the textures. If it's a ZIP file, check if within the ZIP file there's an OBJ and an MTL file.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 29, 2012, 4:39:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Carina2011

i have make the model. i have check al both mtl etc. but it dont work ;(
[Mar 29, 2012, 5:08:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You should check how you exported your model from the modeler you use. First the faces are inverted, something you can fix with the check box at the second step of the import furniture wizard. Then, maybe you didn't generate texture coordinates or files have incorrect names (avoid spaces).
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 29, 2012, 7:15:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved