Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 21
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12041 times and has 20 replies Next Thread
mrtower

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Pyramidal roof

I'm doing a pretty complex model of a two-level attic apartment with a nighmarishly complex roof. It's fun! tongue The major stoppage point now is that I need a pyramidal roof for a tower.

Has anyone seen anything like that?

If not, can I get recommendations for the easiest way of creating it? I don't think it's possible withing Sweet Home 3d itself, at least I can't figure out a way.
[May 23, 2012, 8:59:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sclee

Re: Pyramidal roof

Please refer to the youtube website: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrScleea/videos
It is a traditional Chinese interpretation, I hope help to you.
[May 23, 2012, 10:01:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mrtower

Ah, of course, you make each side out of two right-angle triangles! Clever!

Thanks!
[May 23, 2012, 11:55:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mrtower

OK, I'm back on this, and sure, that works, but... of course the roof isn't actually pyramidal, because it intersects with a sloping roof (or rather two, since it's in a corner.

And that part I'm not able to do. The front of the tower is fine, and the backside, but the sides end up with a shape that has no 90 degree angles anywhere, and I can't think of a way to do this.

The roof is actually this one: http://www.nablichu.pl/apartament%20B.html

There are some more, bad pictures on the site, but it's all flash so I can't link to them.

Any ideas appreciated. I even thought about modelling this roof in some 3D model software, but I tried a whole bunch, and to be honest I think it will take months to learn how to use those, they are completely incomprehensible, so I'm back in trying to do this directly in Sweet Home 3D.
[Jun 24, 2012, 6:05:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lynn22

It's a very nice development.

If you don't find a solution let me know and I'll model the roof for you in a 3d modeling package, no problem.
[Jun 24, 2012, 7:03:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sclee

I can download pictures, but I am sorry, I don't really understand your question, Can you marked on the pictures?
[Jun 24, 2012, 7:23:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mrtower

Sure. Here is what I get if I just take a simple pyramidal roof:

As you can see, the pyramid will descend into the room. Therefore I must get rid of everything under the roof, marked in red here:

The problem is the area marked in blue. I'm not able to create anything like that, since all sides are sloping in some way.

It doesn't help if you bisect it in two, because you still have two sides sloping in the resulting section, and walls can only have one side out of four sloping.
[Jun 24, 2012, 7:56:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sclee

V3.4 released flip feature, so you can use.
See YouTube web: Click Here

More: Click More
----------------------------------------
Attachment 111.jpg (48262 bytes) (Download count: 4692)
111.jpg
Attachment 110.jpg (19342 bytes) (Download count: 4530)
110.jpg
[Edit 4 times, last edit by sclee at Jun 25, 2012, 9:23:52 AM]
[Jun 25, 2012, 8:29:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mrtower

OK, I hope to get time to upgrade soon; I'm using 3.1 at the moment. Also interesting idea to use the floor to make a piece.

I did also find a 3D software: "Misfit model 3D" which is actually possible to understand and use for normal humans. It's quite primitive, but I succeeded in importing the pyramidal roof, and cutting away the correct parts. So I'll soon have my roof ready. :-)
[Jun 25, 2012, 10:28:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mrtower

(Although when I use Misfit, the textures disappear, which is OK for me as I only really are interested in the insides).
[Jun 25, 2012, 10:33:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved