Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5474 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
StylusPilot

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Ground Elevation

Hi,

I would like to request a feature in the 3D mode to allow a visualisation of the ground elevation for a sloping block.

Sometimes It's difficult to visualise building the home without seeing the block first.

even if its only the ability to import an already sloped picture of some kind for visualisation purposes.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
[Jul 2, 2012, 11:40:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Ground Elevation

Use a few very large triangles around your building to simulate the slope of the terrain....
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 2, 2012, 6:27:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry but don't hope any other solution than the one suggested by Hans before a while...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 2, 2012, 6:51:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

If you have some other 3D software, you can create a landscape object as you wish and import it into SH3D, as i show here:

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,3388

i use Cinema4D. I believe blender is also capable of creating random landscape. And bryce is free in some versions also.
no need to blame Puybaret in this case IMHO :-)
[Aug 17, 2012, 9:11:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved