Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4998 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
baddemon

Italia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rendering of future works (maybe)

Hi,
i want to share with you a rendering of what could be a future work to do in my house. i'm working on this from a day, and i'm pretty sure that final rendering will be better, and will also need some post-process with Photoshop. Any suggest to make grass and pavers more "deep"? like some sort of tesselation effect...thanks in advance

----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by admin at Jul 4, 2012, 11:23:50 AM]
[Jul 4, 2012, 10:32:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lynn22

Re: Rendering of future works (maybe)

make grass and pavers more "deep"

to have that "look" in SW3D you would need to add a bumpmap to your grass and pavers textures which, to my knowledge, is not possible in this software.

An alternative would be to import grass and pavers in obj or other supported file format as furniture and place where necessary.
[Jul 4, 2012, 9:41:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baddemon

Italia

Sorry for the wrong attachment. Here's the link: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/csvvh.jpg
[Jul 4, 2012, 11:42:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Giuseppe,

That is a rather nice picture.
Maybe you could change the time of day, so there is more light in the image.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 5, 2012, 5:49:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baddemon

Italia

@Lynn22: thanks for your suggests. i already tried some poligonal grass from sketchup models, but nothing really satisfied me. everything seems so flat, or even unreal...
@Hansmex: Hi Hans, i'm glad you like the picture. i've tryed rendering other day times, but the scene seems even most unrealistic on 12 AM or others. is there a way to have more control on Sunflow parameters? do you have suggestion too for a more tesselated grass? thanks!
[Jul 5, 2012, 10:52:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lynn22

Baddemon, I understand what you mean, in which case I would suggest that you get one of those "nature" 3d softwares like Bryce or Carrara or Vue and import your house into one of those programs where you can add bump maps or normal maps to your pavers and reasonably good grass and plants and trees for a realistic look.
[Jul 6, 2012, 2:15:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

What is the geographical location of your house?
How is the orientation of your house, in other words: where is North.

Using the compass, you can change these parameters. SH3D takes into account whether your house is on the North Pole (6 months dark), the date (summer or winter makes a big difference when you live high in the North or deep in the South).
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jul 6, 2012, 9:41:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
baddemon

Italia

Hans, i've changed the North position and daytime as you suggested. Here's the render: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/2r49t
As you can see, all seems really plastic. After changing some textures the final result improved a lot, but i'm trying to have a more realistic grass in Blender (there's a thread on the bar section of this forum), with no luck because when exporting to .dae i lose textures and hair that simulates the grass. Other suggest? Thanks!

PS: what is the difference between step 3 and 4 of the rendering presets in SH3D. i see a less aliased images, but a lot more sharpness...
[Jul 7, 2012, 9:45:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Giuseppe,

Q3 and Q4 both take light and shadow into account, and give a much better result than Q1 and Q2. Of course they take longer to render.

Q3 uses a simpler model, gives a rather good quality, and is relatively fast.
Q4 is a bit better, uses a completely different rendering algorithm, with a slightly higher quality, but with longer rendering times.
It depends on your needs, which of these two is preferable.

Use Plan --> Modify compass and change Latitude to a lower number. Latitude 50 corresponds with approx. Brussels or Amsterdam, but if you change it to a lower value, you will "move" further south towards the equator. This will result in shorter shadows, more light in general, and (maybe/hopefully) a better result.

Hans
Hans

hansdirkse.info
[Jul 7, 2012, 5:36:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Guiseppe,

another tip would be: avoid the 12oclock noon setting. best pictures with warm light are beeing made at 9am and 17pm.

noon is brightest sun. total overkill and simply too white.

macfrog
[Aug 17, 2012, 9:28:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved