Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4733 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
registrations@splasch.cx

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Creating a Roof

G'day All,

While everything else in Sweethome works brilliantly for me, after much web searching, head scratching, and improvising I still can't create decent 3D roofs.
I've tried Hans Dirkse's sloping roof tutorial repeatedly, as closely as I can follow the instructions, with all the available plugins installed, and just get horizontal roofs at the elevation of the level I'm working at.
Using the tile model kind of works but is too clunky.
The best result I have achieved was by modifying the .obj code of a simple flat sheet model to provide square and triangular sections, but this is still clunky.
Clearly, as Hans's tutorial shows, floors can be roofs if you can customise the elevation coordinates of the individual vertices
Questions:
1. What am I missing the the Tutorial that stops me getting anything but horizontal roofs?
2. Is it possible to directly edit the X, Y, AND Z coordinates of a room's corners? The "Edit Points" plug-in is brilliant and would be perfect if you could also edit the elevation coordinate of each corner as well.
3. Is there a better way?

Cheers,
Phil
[Jul 25, 2012, 7:03:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Creating a Roof

Phil,

try this. IMHO it is very easy to understand.

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,2072#9580

macfrog
[Aug 17, 2012, 9:17:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved