Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 36
Posts: 36   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 37294 times and has 35 replies Next Thread
CameronG

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Graphics problems...

Thanks for the quick reply, but unfortunately the same problem continues after uninstalling the 64 bit version and replacing it with the 32 bit version ... after a minute or so, moving the mouse begins to create endless duplicate views of parts of the window.

Any other thoughts?

I had used SH3D in the past without any issues. I have a design of my home that I would really like to be able to access.

Additional System Info:

Sweet Home 3D ®
Version 6.1.2
Java version 1.8.0_202 - 32bit - 0.1 / 0.6 GB
Java 3D version 1.5.2

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.8 GB
Available Physical Memory 8.34 GB
Total Virtual Memory 32.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 21.9 GB
Page File Space 17.0 GB
[Feb 14, 2019, 5:05:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Install the program in 32 bit again, then copy the SweetHome3D.l4j.ini attached to this post in the installation folder of Sweet Home 3D (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Sweet Home 3D) and restart the program.
----------------------------------------
Attachment SweetHome3D.l4j.ini (119 bytes) (Download count: 1948) (Properties file for DirectX 32 bit)

Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 14, 2019, 3:27:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CameronG

Thanks, Puybaret! That seems to be a good work-around.

After a 10 min test, everything has worked fine on my primary monitor. Oddly, though, as soon as I move it to my external monitor, the program now crashes.

Another side note that may be helpful from a development standpoint: the problem seems to be some conflict with the nvida card (driver up-to-date directly from nvidia).

With the standard installation (prior to adding your ini file) I found last night that if I disabled my nvidia card and only ran with the onboard graphics, everything ran well.

I also tried the opposite, but with that the problems continued (nvidia card only ... onboard graphics disabled).
[Feb 14, 2019, 9:15:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
CameronG

I spoke too soon :(

It's back to doing the same thing.

[Feb 14, 2019, 9:19:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
tormi

Norway

Hi!

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same problem.
[Mar 23, 2019, 10:44:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Smurfi

habe das selbe problem

win10 pro
nvidia rtx-2080-ti
i9-9900x
32gb ram

sh3d ver. 6.1.4
java ver. 1.8.0_202 64bit
java 3d ver. 1.6.1
[Apr 29, 2019, 11:02:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FDpaffie
Advanced Member

Nederland

Did u try setting your screen resolution lower like 1280x1024 0r 1920x1200

java seems to have a problem with 4k resolutions
read; https://pivotce.com/2017/12/11/fix-java-applications-for-high-dpi-display/

Find java.exe and/or javaw.exe likely found in C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\jre8\bin\javaw.exe
Right click on it and select -> Properties
Go to Compatibility tab
Check Override high DPI scaling behavior.
Choose System for Scaling performed by:
Click OK

i hope it may help you
To Draw or not to Draw ...... Thats nolonger a question .. We draw
[Apr 29, 2019, 4:26:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Smurfi

Unfortunately, nothing has changed, have tried a few settings.
still have graphic errors
[May 6, 2019, 5:34:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tixtreme

Nederland

Hi guys,

Is there any solution to this problem?

I tried everything that i have been reading here but still no result. Also tried disconnecting my advanced periphials but also no luck with that.

Does it have anything to do with the resolution that you think?

It is too bad because i liked using the program very much. Would it help to buy the version provided in the windows store?

I hope we can find a solution
[Jun 5, 2019, 10:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tixtreme

Nederland

Can anyone please provide support? Is there any solution??

Will i still have this problem if i buy the payed version?
[Jun 19, 2019, 12:06:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 36   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved