Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83582 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Gaytan

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Portable version

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a go soonest!

rgrds

Ed
[Oct 29, 2012, 8:52:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gaytan

Emmanuel, tested today with the portable version. I managed to transfer all my imported libraries, skies, elements etc without having to reimport everything!

Works perfectly although opening and saving projects is slower, which is normal as everything is loaded from and saved to usb 2.0 stick.

I removed the individual installed programs!

Thanks for the nixe program and the portable version!
I'm one happy camper!

Rgrds,

Ed
[Oct 31, 2012, 7:04:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

There's a pb with the 3.7 version and Windows 8 (I don't know about other windows' version).
I use only the portable version of sweethome, but I found an "etek" directory in "Users\USERNAME\AppData\eTeks\". It's created every time I launch SH3D.
Not yet totally portable...

Thanks a lot for your work.
[Jan 13, 2013, 5:33:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What's the problem of having such a directory?
"Portable" just means that you can carry the program around from a computer to an other one (and in Sweet Home 3D you can even run the portable version on different operating systems). The eTeks directory you found is used to store temporary information.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 13, 2013, 6:29:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

No, "portable" means it won't let anything left.
When I close the soft, this directory should be deleted.
[Jan 14, 2013, 3:36:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rockballad

Hello, how can I install new plugin to this portable version (3.7)? Thanks.
[Feb 25, 2013, 6:24:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As explained in the README.TXT file coming with the portable version, Plugins SH3P files should be placed in the data/plugins sub folder.
[Feb 25, 2013, 8:40:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

Thanks a lot, very useful !
I hope the version4 will arrive soon !
[Mar 23, 2013, 10:04:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I wait a few more days before releasing the version 4.0 of the portable version, to let translators update the additional translations supported by Sweet Home 3D.
[Mar 23, 2013, 10:39:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

Merci pour cette version 4 !
Toutefois il y a encore un dossier eTeks qui se créé sur le disque dur pendant la session de travaiul, mais qui ne disparaît pas une fois le logiciel fermé...Désolé d'insister.
[Apr 11, 2013, 9:25:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved