Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83589 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Portable version

Ce dossier ne contient que des fichiers temporaires qu'un bug dans la version de Java pour Windows empêche de supprimer à la fin du programme. Contourner ce bug qu'Oracle n'a pas l'air enclin à corriger est faisable sous Java 7 et beaucoup plus compliqué sous Java 6. Donc il faudra patienter encore quelques temps...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 11, 2013, 11:51:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In the version 4.1 (119 MB), I found a way to delete the work folder and the temporary files it contains when the program ends normally, under Java 7 as well as in previous Java versions.

supseb, I hope this time you'll agree to qualify the new version as portable, even if the work folder will still be there after a program crash.
[Jun 3, 2013, 10:45:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

Thanks a lot !
But (sorry for that), isn't it possible to move this work folder in the same directory as SweetHome ?

I'll post this new in the Liberkey forum.
[Jun 5, 2013, 1:32:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

isn't it possible to move this work folder in the same directory as SweetHome ?
I chose to create by default the work folder in user home folder for performance reasons. Very often, portable versions are run on a USB key with poor performances at writing time.

Nevertheless if you absolutely want to move this work folder in the folder where portable executables are found, you should make the following changes:
- under Windows, add to the portable version installation folder the two files SweetHome3D-windows-x86.l4j.ini and SweetHome3D-windows-x64.l4j.ini containing the following text:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.tools.temporarySubFolder="%EXEDIR%\work"

- under Mac OS X, edit the file SweetHome3D-macosx.app/Contents/Info.plist and add the following lines:
<key>com.eteks.sweethome3d.tools.temporarySubFolder</key>
<string>$APP_PACKAGE/../work</string>
before the line that contains:
<key>com.eteks.sweethome3d.deploymentInformation</key>

- under Linux, edit the command files SweetHome3D-linux-x86 and SweetHome3D-linux-x64 and add the following text between java and -Xmx option:
-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.tools.temporarySubFolder="$PROGRAM_DIR"/work

If Liberkey or anyone else decides to distribute the portable version of Sweet Home 3D after changing this parameter or after removing the Mac OS X and Linux versions, they should add a README....TXT files describing these changes.
[Jun 5, 2013, 9:36:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
supseb

Thanks a lot for your response, it helps me a lot !
[Jun 8, 2013, 5:39:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
susonne

Denmark

I have one more question about adding a plugin to the portable version.
Do I just need to put the executable jar file of the plugin into the data/plugins directory?
[May 22, 2014, 11:08:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Do I just need to put the executable jar file of the plugin into the data/plugins directory?
Yes
[May 22, 2014, 11:40:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
susonne

Denmark

ok. thank you for the reply. didn't worked this morning, but I will try again. :-)
[May 22, 2014, 6:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
susonne

Denmark

Hi again,
I created 2 small plug-ins.
If I open them with the executable jar file of SH3D from inside eclipse everything works fine.
But if I put the jar files in the data/plugins folder of the portable version, SH3D freezes and doesn't open up.
If I take the jar files out of the folder again, the portable version opens up again.
What could that be?
[May 23, 2014, 10:21:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What do you mean by "freezes"? Do you see only the splash screen?
I tried again on my side and it worked with no problem.
[May 28, 2014, 6:31:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved