Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 126902 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
00turkey

Türkiye
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How To Make Roof ?

I Am very very bad english, expression is picture please :)

My Question : How To Make A Roof ?

Allready Thanks :)

[Nov 3, 2012, 10:08:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How To Make Roof ?

Please read the FAQ How can I create a roof on top of a house?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 3, 2012, 11:28:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
00turkey

Türkiye

thankss :D
[Nov 3, 2012, 5:35:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mo

Germany

Hi, I'm new. Learning how to create rooms was quite easy. But the creation of roofs even with this tutorial is still a hard job.
Are there any plans to improve the roof creation for next versions?

I managed the part of the tutorial until page 9 where I used the "Copy as new furniture"-plugin and pasted. But I don't get the roof pasted to the walls and I don't get the triangles created like that.

For our project the most important is creating the room dimensions of our little house. I could work without roof, but actually to get a real impression it would be important to add a roof.
[Dec 12, 2012, 4:13:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As explained in the FAQ, Sweet Home 3D doesn't support the creation of roofs until now, and the proposed tutorial gives some workarounds found by Hans, a super user of Sweet Home 3D.
I plan to add a tool to create some roofs in a future version but sorry, this probably won't happen before months.
[Dec 12, 2012, 5:39:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mo

Germany

Hi. I guess the new 4.0 version did not give any progress for roofs?

Currently I feel like SweetHome3D(SH3D) is good for flats and multi-stage flats, but not for houses. I deliberated long for which tool I would use for planning the house. Professional ones like Catia V5 (not mentioning the price of course) can do all detailed stuff for 3D, but when it comes to furnishing SH3D is a very quick approach, and portable, which was the main reason for me having Linux/Windows, and even different archs up to Linux on PPC.

What is the current state for house environments such as gardens? So far I have only seen some trees to arrange, but it should not be that hard to arrange all different types of plants on a plain map, when the models are there.
[May 3, 2013, 3:28:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I guess the new 4.0 version did not give any progress for roofs?
No, maybe in a coming version...

Currently I feel like SweetHome3D(SH3D) is good for flats and multi-stage flats, but not for houses.
Keep in mind that Sweet Home 3D first targets interior design.

What is the current state for house environments such as gardens?
Gardens would require some "terra forming" tool to give the various elevation points of the ground, and more models of plants and trees. This kind of 3D models are complicate to design, so it will take probably years before a complete library of this kind appears, according to contributors proposals.
[May 6, 2013, 5:02:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
amechax

Tanzania

I have made triangles out of red slate roof designed by Emmanuel Puybaret find them here

I 'll improve it over time
[Jun 19, 2015, 8:01:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Strikkie

Holland

When I follow the tutorial and I create a a room the drawing is on the height of the groundfloor but I can not get it on the level of the roof, how can I change the height of the layer?
[Dec 7, 2015, 9:35:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
HawkDawg
Advanced Member

USA

To get a room on a different level than the ground floor you have to add a level, which is found under the Plan tab. When you add a level you can set it's height in that settings window.
You can also adjust the height of the new level later under the Plan tab again by selecting Modify level.
Hawk
[Dec 7, 2015, 11:54:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved