Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1953 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
rca19

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rendering Threads

On my Linux box, it looks like the image renderer is using 8 threads. Is there a way to adjust that value up/down?
[Nov 9, 2012, 4:07:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Rendering Threads

Not from the user interface. Otherwise, by program, you could add the row
this.sunflow.parameter("threads", numberOfThreads);
in the render method of com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer class.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 9, 2012, 4:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rca19

Not sure how to rebuild the source on Linux ... maybe this can be a feature request for the PhotoRenderer in a future release?
[Nov 9, 2012, 5:50:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Why not using the full power of the processor would be useful?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 9, 2012, 6:29:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rca19

I noticed yesterday that my machine was totally swamped with java processes while doing photo rendering. Sometimes I want to do other tasks concurrently, so changing the number of render threads would be useful.

I didn't look at the code that closely, but does the photoRenderer automatically create a render thread for each processor on the system? So if I had a 16-processor machine, it would generate 16 render threads?
[Nov 10, 2012, 5:25:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved