Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231275 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
robal

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Excellent work !

Couple of observations:

- can't get "create photos at points of view" to work. When I click "Create" button, a folder picker windows always comes up, and hitting "Select" just gets back to "create photos at points of view" window.

- the new "materials" function is greyed out on grouped objects, even if they are similar, and it's possible to change materials for them using multiple selection.

Using: 4.0 beta 9 on Windows 7 x64 PC

Cheers,
[Jan 21, 2013, 6:14:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

can't get "create photos at points of view" to work. When I click "Create" button, a folder picker windows always comes up, and hitting "Select" just gets back to "create photos at points of view" window.
Are you really sure the images are not created in the folder you chose? Maybe the creation went so fast that you didn't see the progress message appear. If it's the case, I should probably display a message telling the process is finished.

the new "materials" function is greyed out on grouped objects, even if they are similar, and it's possible to change materials for them using multiple selection.
I didn't allow this kind of changes because I felt that in many cases, it would be too complicate for the end user to understand which material he's modifying. Note also that materials could have the same name from a model to an other but with different color or texture.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 21, 2013, 6:31:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
robal

Thanks for a speedy reply !

can't get "create photos at points of view" to work"

I've got an update on the problem.
I've chosen "create new folder" option, and the render process started OK in a sub directory. (Permissions problem ?).
It also started without problems on another PC.
I'll try to investigate further to see when and why exactly the render does not start.

"the new "materials" function is greyed out"

You're right. It's not a trivial problem.
However, I think you use some kind of logic to allow accessing "materials" menu based on similarity of multi-selected objects.
If I select many similar objects, I'm allowed to edit "materials" for all of them, and it works as expected.
However, if I group these objects, I can't.
Couldn't the same same check be run against a group to determine (and allow) using "materials" menu ?

Cheers,
[Jan 22, 2013, 12:51:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Permissions problem ?
It's possible. For your information, the next beta will provide an improved folder dialog where the user will be able to select only folders with write permission.
[Jan 22, 2013, 7:44:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
robal

More feedback:

The 3D view turns all grey after:
- switching to SW3D window (after it was in background or minimised)
- resizing SW3D window
- hovering over menus

The 3D view return to normal when you drag the camera and force it to refresh.

Happens on both my machines (Win 7 x64, AMD Radeon 4870 & 5570)

Cheers
[Jan 22, 2013, 1:43:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
robal

And some more feedback :

- can't get "create photos at points of view" to work

It seems it happens when you just click "Select" in folder picker, without changing the last used directory. You can use the same directory as long as you click some other dir and click your dir back.
This bug is definitely about mouse clicks, not permissions.

- "create photos at points of view" outdoor light settings

Currently, the settings for date/time for outdoor light are not available in "create photos at points of view" dialog.
Even if you change date/time in "create photo" dialog, the "create photos at points of view" will use settings stored at the time points of view were created.

I think it would be better and more intuitive if date/time for outdoor light settings were added to "create photos at points of view" dialog, instead of silently storing this information on points of view
[Jan 22, 2013, 3:46:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just made the Beta 10 available to fix the problems reported by robal in folder dialog. I also added a message displayed once the photos creation is finished.

Currently, the settings for date/time for outdoor light are not available in "create photos at points of view" dialog.
Even if you change date/time in "create photo" dialog, the "create photos at points of view" will use settings stored at the time points of view were created.
The date/time is stored of each point of view to let the user choose different date/time. Changing this date/time won't influence the Create photos at points of view dialog.

I think it would be better and more intuitive if date/time for outdoor light settings were added to "create photos at points of view" dialog, instead of silently storing this information on points of view
I don't agree because each point of view can have a different date/time. Having an other date/time setting in the dialog + a check box to override the setting at each point of view could be nice, but I feel many users wouldn't understand it.

The 3D view turns all grey after:
- switching to SW3D window (after it was in background or minimised)
- resizing SW3D window
- hovering over menus
It's an old issue that appeared with Java 7. It's the main reason why I still bundle the installer version with Java 6.
[Jan 22, 2013, 6:05:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Groumphy

Belgium

Hello,

Some days later, and some bugs fixed... I've the pleasure to say: under Linux Ubuntu 12, all works perfect !
Thanks for this important evolution.

Only 2 remarks (one for the n00b such as me and one for everybody for the security):

• delete the installed version before installing the new version (and the shortcut), (for sample I've 2 shortcuts on my desktop... SH3D v3.8 beta and SH3D v4.0 beta...),
  • update the local version of Java, now it's 1.7_10, best is using 1.7_11 (this is not critical because we use the an local version and not an installed version, but interressant for the global security of the appz) ;

Sorry for my very poor contribution at this topics, but... No time for the moment crying
Groumphy
-----------------------------
FR - NL - EN
-----------------------------

www.zoyo.be
www.doudoulinux.be

Pas très souvent présent, mais utilisateur :)
[Jan 22, 2013, 6:44:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Looking forward to get a DMG Installer of the latest Beta.
Java seems to be pretty unsafe in the net, so I disabled the Browser plugin...
[Jan 22, 2013, 7:18:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the DMG installer for version 4.0 Beta 10.
Note that this version works differently from previous one, since under Mac OS X 10.7 / 10.8, it tries to run with Java 6 if it's installed in the system. Otherwise it runs with the JRE 1.7.0_11 bundled with the DMG and it doesn't try to download Java 6 anymore (an issue I didn't expect in previous version, but I fixed it). It works correctly under Mac OS X 10.6 but there's a launch problem under Mac OS X 10.5 and I hope to find a solution for the final version.
[Jan 22, 2013, 8:52:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved