Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231252 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
mrszekely

Magyarország
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Could be the render status picture bigger(in create POV)?
Same as on the normal render?
Might be better.Thnak you.

Sorry for my quick posts, it's beacuse i'm working on a project.
----------------------------------------
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00GHz-8GB RAM-nVidia Geforce GT555M with CUDA-Windows 7 64bit
[Feb 11, 2013, 1:19:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mrszekely

Magyarország

Hi guys again!

I've found a new intresting thing...

Last night i left my computer to render 6 full HD image.I've started the create photos from POV, but the CPU's cores didn't reach the 100% of usage.They jump between 20% to 60%.

In the morning i saw the render process not finished.

But if I start the last stable version (3.7) from jar file (i made the memory tuning from the FAQ) it's using the cores at 100% and the render process is faster.

Any idea?

Thank you!
Intel Core i7-2630QM 2.00GHz-8GB RAM-nVidia Geforce GT555M with CUDA-Windows 7 64bit
[Feb 12, 2013, 8:19:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Here's the Beta 14 with the following new features and bug fixes:
- The color chooser was greatly Improved with different color palettes, a pipette tool and a list showing the recently chosen colors (saved in user preferences):

- A new Libraries button was added to About dialog box to display all the libraries and plug-ins used by Sweet Home 3D in a new dialog box:

- The 3D view > Delete points of view menu item was added to select and delete some of the points of view stored in home.

- Handling clicks on web links shown in the help and about dialog box is fixed thanks to the call to xdg-open command under Linux.

Please, check that the pipette works correctly on your side, because making it work required a few hacks. It's not perfect but globally it works correctly under Java 6 and 7, Windows / Mac OS X / Linux in my case.

These should be the last new features for version 4.0, and it's now time for translation! smile
There should be a few adjustments and bug fixes before the final release, but no change that would require new words to be displayed (and translated) in the user interface.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 12, 2013, 5:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I need some help from users running Sweet Home 3D beta version from behind a proxy server. I wanted to test it myself but installing a temporary proxy for test purpose on the machine you use daily seems not so simple. sad
If you know you use a proxy for http protocol, please check that the following message is displayed when you run Sweet Home 3D Beta from its Java Web Start link and from a Jar executable file (simply double click on the Jar file once downloaded).

Thanks for your feedback.
[Feb 14, 2013, 1:20:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

Is this new updates feature meant only for JWS users, or also windows installers?
[Feb 14, 2013, 9:32:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hal9000
Advanced Member

Spain

These should be the last new features for version 4.0, and it's now time for translation! smile
There should be a few adjustments and bug fixes before the final release, but no change that would require new words to be displayed (and translated) in the user interface.

Great! Although may be you already have someone for the Spanish translation, you can count me in to make it in case you need it.
If a long walk every day were healthy, mailmen would be immortal. tongue
[Feb 14, 2013, 10:03:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Is this new updates feature meant only for JWS users, or also windows installers?
Actually it's more for the other kind of distribution, because in many cases, the Java Web Start will update the program automatically! wink
As I thought the updates feature could interest people who program plug-ins and derived versions of Sweet Home 3D, I programmed it in such a way it could be adapted to these versions too. It requires an XML file that uses the DTD described in HomeController.UpdatesHandler class. The place where this XML file is stores comes from the com.eteks.sweethome3d.updatesUrl System property, or from the HomeController.updatesUrl property written in com/eteks/sweethome3d/viewcontroller/package.properties resource file (equal by default to http://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3DUpdates.xml).
Each update XML element describes the update of an identified resource, either the program itself or a SH3F, SH3T, SH3L or SH3P file. The id of the program is retrieved with the HomeApplication#getId method (overridden in SweetHome3D class to return the value of the com.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId System property or SweetHome3D.applicationId resource property) and the id of the libraries comes from the new id property they can now define in the properties file they include. For Sweet Home 3D, the default id is SweetHome3D#ExecutableJar (since an Executable Jar file should be able to run alone with no additional arguments), the id for installers is SweetHome3D#Installer (see for exemple the Windows exe Launch4j file), the id for the portable version is SweetHome3D#Portable (see here) and for Java Web Start, it's SweetHome3D#JavaWebStart. The different ids will generate customized user agent during HTTP requests for the XML update file, and will help me to gather statistics on program use. Of course, this will concern only online users who kept the Check updates at program launch option selected but still it should be interesting to get this information. For people who fear some spyware feature, don't worry : the user agent gives the same kind of information as would browsers: the id of the program, its version, the OS name and architecture, and the user's language and country. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hope this will help. smile

Don't hesitate to suggest any improvement before the final release, in case I could have forgotten something.
[Feb 15, 2013, 9:34:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Although may be you already have someone for the Spanish translation, you can count me in to make it in case you need it.
Thanks for your proposal, I'll write you if Pablo Mayordomo doesn't have enough time.
[Feb 15, 2013, 9:37:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

I have the same experience with JWS - it "usually" downloads updated version, but sometimes does not. As long as we only update the application with new functionalities it is fine, but if we wish to update prices, a reliable mechanism is needed.

I just tested this new feature with updating both application and libraries and everything works fine.

Great improvement :-)

I need to browse deeper in sources to see how updatesMinimumDate is created in user preferences, when debugging SH3D from Eclipse it was later than 2013-02-01 and was filtering my update elements in line 2426 of HomeController
[Feb 17, 2013, 12:36:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for your feedback and your tests.

updatesMinimumDate is updated from line 2286 of HomeController class to the next 23:59:59 GMT time of the day. I programmed it that way to ignore the updates of the day at next launch, if the user doesn't want to check updates. Finally, it's not such a good idea since I authorized to set a time in the XML updates file and the user could then miss some updates that arrived later during that day. I'm going to change that... wink
[Feb 17, 2013, 1:24:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved