Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 137
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 231199 times and has 136 replies Next Thread
Gaytan

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
smile Re: Hans; java version for Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your advice; I'm always struggling with the right java version for linux, in my case the Ubuntu-based Linux Mint 14 Nadia.

I tend to use for java install (got there while clicking via your link) The java on 'your link seems only for RedHat, OpenSuse etc; the link I use is 'specially for deb-based distro's':

http://www.duinsoft.nl/packages.php?t=en

I then add the repository:
deb http://www.duinsoft.nl/pkg debs all

I add the key via terminal:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 5CB26B26

and then run both commands:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install update-sun-jre

When I try to UNinstall 'IcedTea' via Software Manager (or Synaptic) I get all kinds of different options / entries making me confused about which to uninstall and / or which not to touch...
So I left that part alone...

I'll test the latest Linux Mint / Ubuntu version of SH3D now!

Kind regards,

Ed
[Feb 24, 2013, 1:10:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.0

Hi Emmanuel

Sometimes, but not always, SH3D crashes after adjusting the window size by moving the separator between 2D view and 3D view.
I think there is a thread about that problem somewhere else in this forum, but I couldn't find it right now. I encountered this problem in V.3.7. and I still encounter it in V. 4.0 Beta, that's why I post it here. Last time, I got the "spinning wheel of death" and had to completely reboot the system. Could it be a memory problem? That would explain why the crash is not always reproducible.
[Feb 26, 2013, 6:50:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I fear it's more complicated than that. sad
But in all case, I'm pretty sure you don't need to reboot, simply press cmd + alt + esc keys, select Sweet Home 3D in the applications list and click on Force Quit. See also this document for other ways.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 26, 2013, 8:17:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Thanks for the hint, Emmanuel.
Of course I tried several Force Quit options as described in your post before shutting down the system. In earlier cases, this was also useful, but not the last time... thinking
[Feb 26, 2013, 9:22:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jerry2012

Hi Puybaret,
I think there might be an issue with obj-export in 4.0.b18.

What I did: an object in sweethome has a texture and I modify that with the dialogue box "Modify: texture" and change the texture to a color.
After exporting to obj, in the other program where I imported the obj, the texture is still shown.

Expected beahviour: instead of the texture, in the exported OBJ, the object should have the color-value which I entered in the "modify"-dialogue.

Thanks,

Jerry
[Feb 28, 2013, 11:08:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Hi Jerry2012,
I couldn't reproduce your issue on different objects. Could you give me some additional details? Maybe it doesn't work on a particular 3D model.
Thanks
[Feb 28, 2013, 12:26:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This weekend, the Beta 19 brings more translation updates, and some improvements for sloping ceilings support.
At first, I was almost about to remove this feature in version 4.0, because it brings too often some misunderstandings from new users when they include a small wall in a room or don't understand how it works, and also because it didn't support multiple slopes for a room.
But finally, I kept it because nevertheless, it's still able to compute complex ceiling surfaces as long as their points are more or less coplanar (i.e. belong to the same plane). As soon as the points are not coplanar, there shouldn't be more than 2 slopes and their shape shouldn't be too complicated.
I even fixed a bug that could happen when some room points were aligned, and added support for ceilings at the border of a round sloping wall.

The attached example shows in red the cases that still fail. There's very little chance that it works one day for these, and you'll have to find workarounds (for more than 2 slopes, you just have to create more rooms).

Attachment SlopingCeillingsTest.sh3d (5970 bytes) (Download count: 2232) (Tests of various sloping ceilings)

[Mar 2, 2013, 10:35:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DenisS

France

Well, just an idea, but what about an option to exclude a wall from ceiling calculation ? Maybe a checkbox in the wall's properties dialog ?
[Mar 2, 2013, 4:56:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

And another idea: don't recalculate the ceiling after every change, but make a Recalculate button, just as for the walls around a room.
That way you can fool the program a bit: draw the walls in such a way that the ceiling looks good, then change the walls, but not the ceiling.

Hans
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Mar 2, 2013, 6:41:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

I would enable this nice mechanism when there exists only one way of spanning a ceiling (e.g. 2nd from left in top row, or second from top in first column).

However, in some complex situations one can do it in more distinct ways. I would disable the mechanism if different strategies of triangulation result in different ceilings.

The mechanism doesn't work fine for low walls.

the intended ceiling is flat.

And sometimes ceiling covers only part of a floor.

[Mar 2, 2013, 7:24:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 137   Pages: 14   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved