Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5455 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Jerry2012

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Wall projection for electricity

Hi,

I would be happy to see a feature "wall projection" to support the design of the electric system in the house.

The perfect solution for that would be:
http://deverne.free.fr/wik/doku.php?id=blog:sweet_home_3d_for_my_future_home

But as far as I can see, developement stopped....?

I would be quite nice to cut 2D-slices from the house and/or specific walls to export them to a 2D drawing program to add the electricity.

any hints on that?

best regards
Jerry
[Dec 27, 2012, 10:30:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Re: Wall projection for electricity

Hi. I'm also a sort of newbie to SH3D, but I really can't understand your problem.

As Hans explained in the other post of yours, you can export 2d plans to SVG. These seem decent enough, from my trials (Doors have, perhaps, an extra line, which you can delete in another program.)

Many programs allow you to work in SVG - including Dia (mentioned in the site you linked to.) From your link, I assume you're working in Linux (?). Some Multi-OS programs are Dia, LibreCad and Inkscape (not sure if this last will allow you to draw in scale, but the others should.) And, I'm sure, there are many more free CAD programs in Linux, ow whichever OS you want.

HTH,
smile maker
[Dec 28, 2012, 5:04:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jerry2012

Thanks for your quick answer.
In my house, I have around 50 walls which need to electricity. The guys who do the electricity should get a plan exactly like this:

http://deverne.free.fr/wik/lib/exe/detail.php...og:details_pieces_rdc.png

This is quite common, at least in Germany.
Of course I am able to export in *.svg, but only the 2D birds eye plan, but I would like to have every wall in a frontal view to draw the lines. This of course can be done with every Bitmap or vector illustrator.
Normally, you can do such slices e.g. with sketchup. But I dont like to switch to sketchup, because *.obj export did not work for me.

best regards, jerry
[Dec 28, 2012, 10:05:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Unfortunately the feature you desire doesn't exist, nor is there a plug-in available for it. Also, as far as I know, Puybaret has no plans to program the function you desire.

Please, keep in mind that SH3D is meant as a 3D interior decorating program, NOT as a tool to make professional building plans.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 29, 2012, 1:04:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
maker

Hmm... looks like you actually want Section Planes, or Slices. (Unfolding would be too much to expect for an Interior Design program.) It probably would be a nice addition to SH3D, but perhaps not too many users.

You can try exporting to Freecad . See this page: Yorik's guest blog - around halfway down the page. It's not a very easy program to learn.

Blender and Wings3d - the other opensource programs - also have ways to slice the object. I haven't tried this in any of the programs yet, though.

Sorry for posting this in the "Wishlist".
[Dec 29, 2012, 6:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
m@

Please, keep in mind that SH3D is meant as a 3D interior decorating program, NOT as a tool to make professional building plans.

Hans

Hans, you're probably right, but it would still be a great feature and an extention of the possibilities and use cases for SH3D (although SH3D is already a great tool yet!) smile
It would simplify the communication with architects and craftsmen biggrin
[Jan 23, 2013, 11:24:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Jerry2012

Thanks for the hints!
I am still in urgent need for this functionality and the ~50 walls to project are a pain in the a** to do...

What I did:
1) You can do slices in Google sketchup, but my pretty complex building as OBJ-import will crash google sketchup 8.
2) GLC player http://www.glc-player.net/ works perfectly but does only one slice in a middle of an object - so I have to export every room as a single obj-file
3) freecad is the best solution, you can also switch between perspekttive/parallel view, which is important if you need walls from many rooms on one shot.
Problem is: obj-textures will not be imported by freecad and you have to re-color every wall/object otherwise I will be tough to differentiate the single furniture and walls...
4) In parallel, I try to use now the "invisible object" (see the "hints" forum) and whith this object I try to make slices from the house by moving this object through the 3D-view of sweethome.

best regards, jerry
[Feb 1, 2013, 12:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved