Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4143 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Trav

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Icon that appears to the left of a Sweet Home 3D file

When you use Windows Explorer to search for certain files, such as a Word document or an Excel file, a program specific icon or symbol always appears to the left of the title of the file name. For a Word document the icon/symbol is a blue W, for Excel it is an orange coloured icon with what appears to be a green tick. However when I search for Sweet Home 3D files the icon does not appear to be one specific to Sweet Home 3D. The symbol in front of each Sweet Home 3D file name appears to have a blue bar across the top with a red shape and a blue shape beneath the blue bar. I have seen this symbol before but have no idea what it is supposed to represent. Should I be seeing a program specific icon next to each of my Sweet Home 3D file names? If so, what do I need to do for that to happen? Thanks
[Feb 4, 2013, 10:48:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Icon that appears to the left of a Sweet Home 3D file

Depending on the software installed on your computer, it's possible that SH3D files use the icon of ZIP files, because it's a zipped file.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 5, 2013, 7:40:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trav

Australia

Emmanuael Afyter some web searching I now know that the icon image showing for my .sh3D files is the standard image with a blue bar at the top and six smaller icons below. If you go to this link you will see what I am talking about. It is the first icon on the top row. I am sure you would have seen this icon plenty of times. I was wondering if it can be replaced with a generic Sweet Homes 3D icon. It is not a major issue I know, but I was just wondering why it appears on my PC.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=unknown+fi...&biw=1843&bih=843
[Feb 5, 2013, 10:55:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

I experienced your problem a few times.
a) It might be an issue with privilidges of your user - the application is installed, but windows reg keys are not set and hence the file extensions are not linked to SH3D. I experienced this unconsistent behaviour with one of older windowses

b) sometimes after having a few versions of SH3D (JWS,installerX, installerY) and uninstalling the one which is linked in reg keys, it might happen that you can still use one of your versions, but none is linked with proper file extensions

Good luck
[Feb 18, 2013, 1:03:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trav

Australia

Thank you for your reply Sajmmon. As I have Sweet Home 3D installed on my personal computer at home I do not have any privilege issues as my wife and I are the sole users of our computer. I did not understand what you meant by Windows reg keys not being set, so I have just looked at Google to get a basic idea. Do you think I should investigate and make changes to my registry?

What icon shows up next to your .sh3d files? Can you show me an image of the icon?
[Feb 20, 2013, 8:14:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Sajmmon

Poland

The standard desktop icon looks like this:

In my case installing SH3D again helped. I dont know how to tackle this problem in general.
[Feb 21, 2013, 4:22:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Trav

Australia

Thanks Sajmmon. I expected the icon to look like that but I am still getting the same icon as before.
Best wishes
Trav
[Apr 2, 2013, 11:46:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved